Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Is Escrow.com a good way to get paid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Systreg,

I addressed the question to APD and Edwin as they seem reasonable people who I can learn from.

It doesn't matter who you directed a post at, as a forum member, I'll reply to any post that I feel like replying to.

You see yourself as the big policeman, and you won't allow a conversation. And you don't even use escrow yourself !

No, I'll say it again so that it gets through your dense skull, you're a spammer, Transpact are spammers, your spam isn't needed here or on other sites.

Please allow APD and Edwin to explain (I am sure they are more than capable of making all the strong points you wish to make, and lambasting spam), and for me to have some kind of constructive dialog with them.

Anyone on here has the opportunity to reply/explain, but you then ask stupid questions like "Can you please explain the crime of spamming."

You know damn well what spamming is, you're a professional spammer so of course you know, stop playing the fool.

The best constructive advice you can get is, stop mentioning what your company does in every single bloody post, it looks stupid, it makes your company look stupid, it costs your company money by missing out on potential sales as a result of being a spammer and it's negative effects, you really aren't doing yourself/Transpact any favours.

Last edited:
But they are Murray, they are.

And I don't think that one post on this forum in one and a half years counts as the international incident that a few of the people in this forum are making it.

As one of Transpact.com's users, who is an AcornDomain viewer, commented to me today:

'You're right about people not liking change, they are a hard bunch to please on here!!'

Wow - he was only too right.

And I don't think that one post on this forum in one and a half years counts as the international incident that a few of the people in this forum are making it.

It's not just your spam posts on here, it's the spam from you and your fellow Transpact spammers on many sites!

As one of Transpact.com's users, who is an AcornDomain viewer, commented to me today:

'You're right about people not liking change, they are a hard bunch to please on here!!'

Wow - he was only too right.

It's nothing to with change, it's to do with, ermmmmm, SPAM :rolleyes:

Systreg,

You are unwilling to have a dialog on this matter.
You want to be the policeman stop what you deem unfit.

Please give some space to allow others to have a dialog without shouting it down.

You might find that allowing a dialog to occur is constructive, and people learn what is acceptable (and I am thinking to a large degree about myself here) from talking to each other in dialog.

You are unwilling to have a dialog on this matter.

No dialogue is needed from you, the only dialogue you know is spamming about Transpact

You want to be the policeman stop what you deem unfit.

Yes, spamming is unfit, you deem it to be good and acceptable, well done Transpact. Just a reminder, this topic is nothing to do with your company, why are you posting your spam on here?

Please give some space to allow others to have a dialog without shouting it down.

Nothing to do with shouting down, as I and others have pointed out, you're a spammer, why has your account not been banned yet, Admin?

You might find that allowing a dialog to occur is constructive, and people learn what is acceptable (and I am thinking to a large degree about myself here) from talking to each other in dialog.

No, nothing a spammer says is constructive, all spammers are interested in is self, self, self.

Last edited:
No dialogue is needed from you, the only dialogue you know is spamming about Transpact

Is this for real ?

Again, Systreg, you don't even use escrow !

Please can you be silent, and allow a dialog with those who do use escrow to occur.
And if they judge that spamming has taken place (and there are those who use escrow who have already expressed such an opinion on this thread, and will do so again, don't worry) then at least I can learn from them what is acceptable and what is not.

Look, people find forum spam annoying, particularly when you use different usernames and post like you are a punter recommending the company rather than the owner/employee trying to get some free advertising. Surely you can see that this method looks dodgy???

It's understandable to a point when companies are new and trying to get the word out (in an honest way), but as Murray said, 3 years down the line and you're still doing the same thing. It honestly gives the impression that your company is struggling in some way and you've had to resort to spamming forums to generate business! When was the last time you saw escrow.com employees spamming forums?

I'm not sure how much business this method brings you but you lost any chance of my business when you were last on here and I'm sure it's cost you a lot more customers who see your posts in the same way.

In all honestly, if you were working for me promoting one of my websites I would have fired you within a week through fear of the damage you'd do!

Grant

Can everyone stop feeding the spamming troll.

Admin please lock this thread as we've all established that the best company to use is escrow.com and the worst company is transpact.com whoever they are.

Again, Systreg, you don't even use escrow !

Whether I use escrow or not is of no consequence, I also don't use any of the dozens of services/products that I get emails about on a daily basis, but the fact remains those emails I get are all spam emails, just the same as you are spamming here

Please can you be silent, and allow a dialog with those who do use escrow to occur.

Oh, you want me to be silent? No, hold on while I buy a megaphone so you can hear me more clearly. You seem to be missing the point again, this topic is NOT ABOUT YOU or for you to post about your company, you shouldn't be posting your spam here, the only dialogue from you is pushing Transpact, this is a topic you have spammed with your service which was completely unsolicited.

And if they judge that spamming has taken place (and there are those who use escrow who have already expressed such an opinion on this thread, and will do so again, don't worry) then at least I can learn from them what is acceptable and what is not.

You have already been judged to be a spammer, spamming has clearly taken place, we can see it all on the earlier pages and other topics, and on any number of other sites you as Transpact have spammed.

Last edited:
Thanks GrantW,

No, Transpact.com is growing rapidly and well, in many different sectors.
It is a mainstream company nowadays, and handles many domain transactions every day (although domain sales is not its core business).

I agree that the post I made on this thread (first one in a year and a half on this forum) has not been constructive given the reception it has been given. It has been positively destructive and damaging.

But as pointed out, this forum seems unusual (you guys are real pitbulls) - I don't get the same abuse elsewhere - people seem more receptive.

And again, for every transaction lost, Transpact.com may lose a £5.98 sale but you could well be paying over £200 extra in expenses and fees.
So who is the loser ?
Wasn't that worth pointing out ? I thought it was.

Obviously, on this forum, I was grossly mistaken, and made a bad mistake (apologies).

And again, for every transaction lost, Transpact.com may lose a £5.98 sale but you could well be paying over £200 extra in expenses and fees.
So who is the loser ?

See, you're still spamming it, pushing the service right until the very end, jesus fecking christ :rolleyes:

Please allow APD and Edwin to explain (I am sure they are more than capable of making all the strong points you wish to make, and lambasting spam), and for me to have some kind of constructive dialog with them.

Well, I sent this in reply to FairTrial's fairly ranty PM to me, but since I'm being asked for a public comment I'll repost it here...

-------------

Simple: the way you post comes across as spam. That's the bottom line.

Until that lesson finally sinks in you will continue to meet a hostile reception in here and elsewhere.

I've been in the domain industry since 1996 and on the web (well the precursor to the modern web) since 1991 so I am as old-hat as they come, and you just come across *completely wrong*. The attitude, the massive chip on the shoulder, shines through in your PM below as well, and does you no favours at all.

This may sound harsh, but it strikes me that maybe nobody's been honest enough to tell it as it is to you before - all you've faced is derision and hostility over what others clearly see as spamming.

NOTE: the perception of spam has ZERO to do with whether your service has any value or not, and 100% to do with the way you pitch and the fact that you're not upfront about your association with the company.

I'm not interested in engaging in a protracted back and forth on the matter, so this will be my last word on this. Take it in the helpful spirit it was meant, or leave it... I really don't care either way.

So who is the loser ?

Escrow.com has proved highly reliable for us in the past, and I'd recommend it for any domain/website sale. The only snag is that they don't seem to have GBP currency support, though I know it's something that's been "on the cards" for a long time. Anyway, they're well worth their reasonable fee for the peace of mind you'll get from dealing with such a large, well-established firm with a very solid track record.

Incidentally, Escrow.com have some novel products for high value transactions, though I've yet to make use of anything more than plain-vanilla escrow. For example, the ability to arrange scheduled payments (for transactions over US$75,000) with Escrow.com holding the domain in escrow for the duration of the contract - see https://www.escrow.com/solutions/domain_name/domain_name_holding_services.asp for details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom