Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Is there a problem registering .uk names at present?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
How long should it take to register .uk name? A few seconds, minutes, hours or days? I tried to register a .uk name yesterday and still no joy:? Maybe it's me.
James :(

How long should it take to register .uk name? A few seconds, minutes, hours or days? I tried to register a .uk name yesterday and still no joy:? Maybe it's me.
James :(

Normally a few seconds, perhaps minutes. However, if there are problems with the system then requests are queued and you could wait hours for Whois to update.

Currently there is no delay and domains are being registered immediately.

Many thanks it took 24hrs

Many thanks for that. I mainly register .coms
It took 24hrs to register my .uk name
James

James

It often depends who your UK registrar is.

Most of the time 123Reg / HeartInternet do it within a few minutes although as previoulsy stated sometimes requests are queued. 1and1 takes several hours - I don't know why - if you are in a hurry - i.e. trying to reg. one of names posted on this forum as available - choose your registrar carefully.

Cheers

JohnP

Go Daddy

If you think Go Daddy is only for .COMs, it's not.

I may pay a tad more than the folks using UK registrars--(US$8.99 [£4.50] per yr x 2)--but I get .UKs into my account in seconds, and Go Daddy's service is absolute perfection, 24 x 7 x 365. If I have to spend less than a packet of UK fags or a decent pint of bitter in the difference, I'll take good service any day over cheap, cheap prices and crap service.

No, I don't own shares... it's all Bob's.

Steve

Go Mummy

James, you're hijacking your own thread!

As to GoMummy.com, ask Mr. K.C. in London (per the WHOIS record). Clever boy reg'd it a few years back, although he's not doing anything with it except it's parked on a free GoDaddy page.

Steve

The automaton is responding almost instantly, if you reg'd them through a registrar then Im guessing they havent even sent the request yet.

Grant

I regged one yesterday, shown on their system as being mine and not available, not shown as regged on nominet

2 days ago I regged one and still nothing showing..

just regeistered the one I done with 123 yesterday with ukreg and it was shown on nominet within about 3 minutes.

123 sucks!

huh It's deffo a 123-reg problem it took as long as to confirm details to looking at nominet records for it to be regged..

hmm

yeh agreed its with reg123.

registered 1 with 1and1 and its up n running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom