Discussion in 'Services Wanted' started by philiporchard, Apr 26, 2019.
Not helpful at all, but who is the manufacturer of the pre-fab office? I want one!
Hi Ian, Podspace. One of best decisions we've made!
Thanks for all the suggestions and helpful ideas.
I logged into router this morning and switched to 5g and 802.11a only
Kept my fingers crossed, but it appears this wasn't the issue.
In fact download speeds now less than upload speed.
Tried plugging mac directly into router, but wasn't managing to get a connection that way.
My best bet is get a professional who knows what they are doing - but finding one is the problem!
How about a local computer shop? They might not be able to run a new cable underground (if that is what is needed) but they should be able to diagnose what the issue is fairly easily (if they can get 100mbps internal from the same port then it's either the cable run or the router in the garden office)
If you can...try it without WPA mixed mode on and see what happens. I think that can sometimes force the router into 802.11g mode which limits out at 54Mbps apparently. Depends on your gear though.
Your also in 802.11a mode only it looks like.
Try changing that
Thanks for the suggestion.
I've found a company called West Installations. They seem to get good reviews.
Will let you know how I get on!
In my experience when you see these speeds sitting right under 10mb its because you are using a device, router, network card, cable that is limited to 10mb and not a full gigabit performer... I bet you never see even 11mb if im right. Try a different router and device if you can...
There’s a company called cortecit.co.uk based just down the road in Wilmington. If you’re still stuck they should be able to resolve the issue. Let me know and I can give them a shout.
Thanks for all the ideas. Got a company booked for next week. Fingers crossed we'll be up to 200gb in no time!
OK, now for an update!
West Installations have just spent the last couple of hours here, and pleased to say we are now up to over 200Mbps in the office.
They had to change the module at each end from Cat 5 to Cat 6, changed patch leads each end to Cat 6 and shortened cable from 98m to 72m.
Some other bits and bobs too.
If they send through a more detailed report, I may post it here - just for those who may be interested.
Great to hear you got it sorted
I've updated the results if anyone is interested in taking a look.
These show 5 tests, and the eventual pass on the final test.
Cool. Glad you got it sorted.
Separate names with a comma.