Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

It's a funny old game

Discussion in 'General Board' started by Systreg, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

I left campervanrental.uk to drop today, I wasn't expecting anyone to bother catching it, but it was caught by the tag that owned campervanrental.co.uk which was also dropping today, I had the .co.uk loaded but was expecting them to renew it after catching the .uk, but they didn't renew it :confused: and I caught that one, catching is a funny old game :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. RobM

RobM Retired Member

Probably they didn't realise it was going to drop - a bit like the squad.co.uk owner who, after it dropped, went and renewed everything else on his tag due to drop that day immediately after :p It happens - I've lost a couple that way due to forgetting renewal dates.

4. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

If you're loading a .uk, you'd expect that someone would at least check to see who owns the .co.uk, and realise you own it :) Maybe they think .uk are going to be top dog after 2019 and decided to let the .co.uk go, we'll never know.

I did email Invincible about the squad name, had seen him leave some names to drop recently so thought he was having a clear out, so I asked if he was looking for a swap on a name he made me an offer for last year, saw he renewed them shortly after, if he'd seen my email roughly 25 minutes earlier he could have renewed squad before it dropped, ouch.

5. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

Decided to renew some that Saturday after glancing over an email from @sysreg (which mentioned squad.co.uk and a number of other domain names) but let three other domain names delete, after squad.co.uk, from the same tag later during that day so you appear to be embellishing your story above by saying “everything”.

Squad.co.uk was purposely not renewed. I’ve had three other people contact me over it since asking me why I let it delete and I still think it’s of very limited worth in the overall scheme of what is and what isn’t. Good luck to whoever has it now. I’ve not looked.

The RoR had been exercised in late October as part of a bulk exercising of almost all RoR for the free two years. Was easy to bulk exercise for the lot because it cost nothing to do.

I did glance your email and decided to put in some renewals because I had other things to attend to at the time. Later I went back to the email and decided I was no longer interested in the domain name I inquired about back in, I think, January 2016 so that’s why I’ve not replied at all. :)

6. RobM

RobM Retired Member