Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Knowing when 'suspended before renewal' domains get suspended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb

Reaction score
Few questions...

1. Nominet's website says normal expiry domains are suspended after 30 days then canceled after a further 60 days. Unless I'm missing something, domains almost always drop after 92 days, so how does this add up?

Which brings me on to my next question...

2. How long after a 'suspended before renewal' domain gets suspended will it normally take for a domain to drop? Assuming that the domain is suspended for being registered to a dissolved company, and not for other reasons such as a deceased registration or for fraudulent activity.

And finally...

3. Is there a way to find out when a domain changes into 'suspended' (before renewal) status without monitoring it every day for changes? Was hoping that the 'last updated' text of the WHOIS would update accordingly, but sadly, no.

Thanks in advance! :)

Good questions! Shame there are no answers - other than this one - which isn't really an answer at all!

Anyone able to answer or am I going to have to work this one out for myself? :)

^ You can sometimes see the evidence of the manual intervention when a batch of unrelated, held over, renewal required domains all flip to suspended on the same day, despite large differences between their registration dates. Almost seems like the job is done on a whim.

I certainly don't have any specific answers but, it's not without reason that Nominet act in response to a growing number of interventions in the deletion process

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom