20i hosting

launchbox.co.uk

Discussion in 'Domain Name News' started by DomainManage, Aug 10, 2017.

1. DomainManage

DomainManage Active Member Acorn Supporter

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. wizard

wizard Well-Known Member

Whats the point in all these posts....

Yes its got a offer so what !

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Admin Spain

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Isnt it obvious? More eyes on the domain, more promotion, chance of achieving a better sale value? You've actually picked one of my domains to comment on, why wouldn't I be pleased to see this here? DomainManage advertise here and asked if I would add this feed. I thought it was a win win for domain holder and to demonstrate results. I know other parking services get results too.

5. DomainManage

The point is names are getting verified offers which are often resulting in sales, also I personally would find it interesting what names are getting offers.

6. wizard

wizard Well-Known Member

Well yes its good but dont really need to know each time a domain that gets a offer :rolleyes:

7. ian

ian Well-Known Member Acorn Supporter

Will a message appear here for every single domain on DM that gets a verified offer, whether sold or not? Unless DM doesn't get that many offers, I can see this becoming a bit tiresome?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. DomainManage

Most domains are not often getting hundreds offers per month. DM users can uncheck the 'Show in marketplaces' checkbox.

9. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

It could be quite interesting to see this information. My apologies if @DomainManage have answered some of these questions already:

• What constitutes a verified offer? Verified in what respect (e.g. the buyer exists/that they have the funds in their bank account, something else)?
    • As @ian asks, if a domain name receives a verified offer and subsequently receives a second verified offer, perhaps because the first was too low, will a second identical thread appear here or will it be appended to the first thread?
    • I presume the actual verified offer amounts are deliberately hidden because I'm not seeing them if they're openly available. Should I wish to make an offer on a domain name with a verified offer, how would I know that my offer would not be lower than the verified offer already made? What would happen if it was lower? Would it still be accepted and verified or would it be rejected?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017 at 2:29 PM
  10. DomainManage

Hi,
    • Verified means that the buyer submitted a valid offer, entered a valid message (if applicable), and then verified the offer via a 'real' inbox. There are actually a lot more offers than this feed shows for various reasons e.g. DM users can turn off showing offers in public and domains in marketplaces - or buyers may contact direct via lander details etc, but this feed is showing better quality ones using some filtering.
    • Multiple offers will show..which is a natural sales cycle.
    • Any offers will be accepted via the offer page as long they meet the owners minimum offer parameters e.g. £50 + etc.
    • Amounts are hidden and will always remain hidden.

11. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

Might be better to give it its own section so it can be set by users to be ignored from appearing in the new and recent posts sections given it seems like it's going to be a significant part of those otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. DomainManage

@invincible don't worry I've set the filters pretty tight and I expect Admins integration should be able to throttle the number of posts on a 24hr basis or the like. Anyway, I'm going to watch Dunkirk now, so try not reply for a few hours would you ;)