Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

LCN doing .co.uk & .uk for only £1.

Reaction score
Hi

Got an email today from LCN(dot)com and here's the T&C's
  • The £1 purchase fee applies to a single year new .co.uk, .uk, .org.uk, and .me.uk, registrations.
  • This offer applies to new purchases only. The offer does not apply to renewals.
  • Following the conclusion of the promotion; a one-year UK domain will be charged at the standard renewal rate which at the time of the promotion is £4.95 (ex. VAT).
  • This offer shall end at 23:59 on the 29th May 2017.
  • LCN.com reserves the right to end this Offer, extend this Offer and or amend the terms and conditions of this Offer at any time without prior notice.
  • Reasonable usage applies.
  • This offer is made subject to LCN.com's general terms and conditions.

Can they be transfered away for free, or is there a fee for doing so?

I didnt think any registrar could stop a nominet transfer/tag change ?

I should clarify.. I meant in terms of if you ask the actual registrar to change the tag for you.. For instance uk2 charge a fee if you wish to do so within the first year and a few others do too. Whereas some don't.

I should clarify.. I meant in terms of if you ask the actual registrar to change the tag for you.. For instance uk2 charge a fee if you wish to do so within the first year and a few others do too. Whereas some don't.

Ah right, I didnt realise some registrars done that. Thanks for telling me

Is LCN a trusted registrar?

I almost reg'd several cheap domains with a different '1' but heard very bad things about them being untrustworthy when it came to renewals etc so kept away.

Do people have positive experiences with LCN?

Anyone offering a co.uk for £1 is making a loss *unless* they can recoup that either by a second year registration (thus making breakeven over 2 years and having a new potential customer), charging you for a tag change (thus ensuring you cannot just register and change for £1 - ensuring you stay and they have a potential customer or they make their money back if you leave), or selling you another product with it (eg webhosting which they know will cover the loss on registration). If they are making a loss and will *never* recoup from the customer they are idiots and that business model is appalling. There's also no need for it. The kind of people that mess about with these promotions looking to get a 'quick buck' are customers that most serious registrars can do without.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom