Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Lease .CO.UK and Reserve .UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
The process of first offer on it sounds perfectly fair... but I think expecting people to double their payments is extremely optimistic.

They're a business. They can test whatever business model they like. I assume if it doesn't work out for them, they'll have a rethink. Nokta are a big player and have been in the domain industry a very long time. They're not going to just sit there and spin their wheels if something's not going to plan...

'Monsieur, with this hypothetical offer, you're really spoiling us.'

They're a business. They can test whatever business model they like. I assume if it doesn't work out for them, they'll have a rethink. Nokta are a big player and have been in the domain industry a very long time. They're not going to just sit there and spin their wheels if something's not going to plan...
All for business making a profit but does it help the image of domaning when big players do things like this some might see it as strengthening that its all sharks, squatters and its still the wild west?

Many would see it akin to lessor of commercial unit telling the lessee there going to dig out the basement and if they don’t pay the same again there going to let to a competitor.

Blame Nominet for that (if it happens) - the reality is that everyone will need to tweak their business appropriately to deal with the repercussions, that's just common sense.

Doesn't the current proposal give the owner (you) the right to register the .uk, not the lessee?

Yes, the current consultation gives us the right to register .uk if we have the oldest registery date among .co.uk, .me.uk, and .org.uk.

Yes, the current consultation gives us the right to register .uk if we have the oldest registery date among .co.uk, .me.uk, and .org.uk.

So If someone leased a domain from you last year they would now need to come back and negotiate a price to lease the equivalent .uk ? ( assuming of course that it is introduced )

So If someone leased a domain from you last year they would now need to come back and negotiate a price to lease the equivalent .uk ? ( assuming of course that it is introduced )

Nokta already answered this earlier in the thread: they are setting the lease price for the .uk at parity with the lease costs for the existing .co.uk domain.

Nokta already answered this earlier in the thread: they are setting the lease price for the .uk at parity with the lease costs for the existing .co.uk domain.

The question of currently leased names , particularly names leased before the nominet announcement, has not been covered.
So I am, out of curiosity , asking the question.

Blame Nominet for that (if it happens) - the reality is that everyone will need to tweak their business appropriately to deal with the repercussions, that's just common sense.
I agree the new UK should make many revue business strategies and some realise the fragility of what they previously considered an ever increasing asset. and nominets coercive monopoly has not helped does that justify price gouging, basically profiteering?

Which becomes most desired by business will one be a status symbol the other a workhorse whatever the outcome “uk” will make interesting times ahead..?

What they should have put is

What you made it sound like is the person leasing your domain will be able to register the .uk for themselves.

That is partially true. We give right to lessee to lease .uk for themselves if they lease .co.uk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom