Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sedo Auction mmg.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although sorted. Google docs is handy for generating pdf's

Thanks, will refer to this topic if I need to use that in future.

I honestly don't see why someone would want a PDF invoice, so much hassle making one, what's so special about PDF's, and what's the difference to me just typing the invoice details in to the Sedo transfer message box for them to print the page off or save it as an screen shot, much easier.

Last edited:
I honestly don't see why someone would want a PDF invoice, so much hassle making one, what's so special about PDF's, and what's the different to me just typing the invoice details in to the Sedo transfer sent message box for them to print off, much easier.

Sedo should auto generate one with your seller details. Simple.

An update on this sale, the company buying the domain are fecking useless time wasters, and I set a deadline for payment of Feb 24th and stated I would withdraw if no payment was made by that date, the Sedo transfer overview message on the 24th was:

Information on payment status

As we still haven't received payment from the buyer, this transaction will now be handled by our Accounts Receivable department. Further payment reminders will be sent to the buyer. We'll notify you as soon as we receive the funds or further feedback from the buyer.

I told Sedo not to bother sending it to the accounts receivable department as it was a waste of time, and I was no withdrawing from the sale, then on the 27th, Sedo said:

Payment status - 3rd reminder sent to buyer

Unfortunately we still haven't received payment for this domain. We have contacted the buyer again and asked them to send payment immediately and inform us when this has been done. You will be notified upon receipt of further information from the buyer. Thank you very much for your continued patience.

Again, I told Sedo not to knock it on the head, as the name is no longer for sale to this buyer. Sedo cancelled the sale that day after reading that.

Also, on Feb 20th, Sedo said:

I have informed the buyer that you will upload an invoice once the payment clears to our account. I have also stated that you will not proceed with the transfer if the payment is not remitted by Friday 24th.

I replied to Sedo saying:

I'm not sure why you told the buyer that I would upload an invoice AFTER payment clears in the Sedo account, because I had already uploaded an invoice to the transfer documents tab 3 days earlier on 17.02.12, which I pointed out above in a message on the 17.02.12 stating that someone had helped me to make an PDF invoice, that was uploaded the same day that the buyer requested the invoice.

The buyer should have been told that my invoice was already uploaded, not that it would be uploaded after payment.

That's how it ended, until yesterday (Mar 9th), when I get am email from Sedo asking me to go to the transfer overview to read a new message, which said:

We are happy to inform you that the buyer of this domain now "woke up" and requests to reactivate the transaction. If you are also willing to still sell the domain please confirm with a short message.

I replied:

Against my better judgement, I'll let you reactivate the transaction but, payment from them needs to be quick, as I'm not waiting around again for them to pay, only to find they are a non payer yet again.

I'll give them until Tuesday, March 13th to have made payment to Sedo, if they haven't done so by that date, then as far as I'm concerned, this sale is closed, and they lose any chance of owning it in future.

Oh the joys of trying to sell a domain name :rolleyes:

An update on this saga, that ^^^ was on march 10th, I had head nothing by mar 12th, so posted this to Sedo:

Mar 12th: What's happening then?

Got a reply from them the next day:

The buyer asked us for banking details yesterday which we gave to him. He is traveling at the moment. We hope this transfer can be closed in short time. Thank you for your patience.

Great, he's travelling :rolleyes:, I told them he needs to hurry up and pay, heard nothing for a couple of days so I posted:

Mar 15th: Any update on this?

Next day:

Mar 16th: Still waiting, and why does it take 3 days to get a reply from an agent?

I heard noting from Sedo for another 4 days and then got this:

Mar 19th: Sedo Transfer Agent

We received the following message from the buyer on Friday: sorry, i have only just returned from company visits, i will make a payment now, is that ok? Please let me know if you are willing to give him the time, he is from GB and it will take a few days until the payment is in our accounts. Thank you.

I replied the same day:

Mar 19th: Hi,

Does that not sound like more rubbish and time wasting from the buyer?

I mean, you gave him the Sedo payment details on Mar 12th, so why would it not be ok for them to make payment now? Also, why will it take a few days for the payment to be in your account, if I wanted to buy a domain, I would pay you today and the money would be cleared in your account today.

Right, this is the last chance on this for the buyer, as I'm just about to develop the domain myself, and I'm going to develop it as an mobile marketing guide, concentrating mainly on the short code mobile marketing spam side of the industry, please make sure the buyer knows it is about to be developed if they don't make payment quickly.

As before, I am setting a payment deadline, today is Mar 19th, payment needs to be in the Sedo account by Mar 22nd, that is my final cut off point, if they haven't paid by that date, I will carry on with my plan to develop the domain.

I thought with them being in the mobile marketing business, it might piss them off if I was to put a site on the domain about mobile marketing spam :lol:

Mar 20th: Sedo Transfer Agent

We forwarded your message to the buyer and will cancel this transfer if we do not receive payment until Thursday.

I replied next day:

Mar 21st: Thanks for letting them know, I've now changed nameservers on the mmg.co.uk domain and will commence development of the domain soon.

And the next day:

Mar 22nd: You can close this sale completely now, and please ban this buyers account again, thanks

I put the domain on HostGator with a message saying I was developing it, but it was still for sale to anyone until development was finished.

Then yesterday morning (Mar 23rd), I suddenly get this new message:

Mar 23rd: Sedo Transfer Agent

We have received payment this morning as the buyer promised.

I sent them the Nominet transfer and it was accepted within a few minutes, it's now under their control and a credit note has been issued by Sedo to make payment to me, the domain is now SOLD SOLD SOLD. What a f*cking palava, I hope I never have to go through this crap again if that's what it is like dealing with end users, fecking wasters :mad:, although happy with the final end result :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom