Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Mobile phone insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still can't believe how cheap those insurances are. The operators rip you off big time.

I think Trevor is going to be a busy man.

the best web designer imho on acorn is Greg Findley....he is so busy you don't see him on these boards much now..but if you want wow factor he is the man

I've just spent the last half hour looking for this copied content and apart from a few lines in the FAQ's I can't find what the content he is saying is copied??

I've just ran copyscape and my site comes up with a number of other sites selling the same product. Take a look yourself and let me know if I've missed something.

Hi Scott were did you get the content from to launch your website?

Great design, great domain.

This should convert very well. I would go all out on this. Do an affiliate scheme if the margins allow.

Facebook and Twitter ? - Hmmm, who really wants to be a "friend" with an insurance company ?, you'll just end up chasing / paying for likers who won't really interact with you.
I would use the space for something like a "best buy" endorsement or if you can get a mention in a national newspaper . . .

From the portfolio section it looks like the designer can be found at Digital Zen if anyone is interested.

Facebook and Twitter ? - Hmmm, who really wants to be a "friend" with an insurance company ?, you'll just end up chasing / paying for likers who won't really interact with you.
I would use the space for something like a "best buy" endorsement or if you can get a mention in a national newspaper . . .

Agree 100%

Whilst these days it's 'all the rage' there are sometimes when it's inappropriate & in this example I believe this is a case in point. Much better to use the screen space as peacock suggests.

Else, great 'with it' design. Good luck with your endeavours.

I agree but don't forget you don't always have to use facebook links to 'become a fan' or 'like this'. One of my sites FB button just puts the link from the site and meta description of the page onto the users wall. I can't see many, if any, areas where this isn't appropriate.

A lot of people (don't want to be sexist but women especially) use facebook now instead of the old 'cheap rates after 6pm' home phone calls to have a chat to friends and family. If they're chatting about something online they're more than likely going to link each other to it so why not make it easier

Whilst the design is well executed, not groundbreaking (check out some CSS galleries) I am more impressed that someone has had a site built where the code actually validates, not usually a concern for most domainers when trying to get a cheapo site built.

Caz's estimate of £500 for the design think is more hopeful than realistic, you do know that decent web designers earn in excess of £250 a day in the real world, same for good developers, if you want a decent website you have to pay for it, you wont get a shiny new Porsche for 2k and you wont get a shiny new website for £500.

Last edited:
denchomsky said:
Whilst the design is well executed, not groundbreaking (check out some CSS galleries) I am more impressed that someone has had a site built where the code actually validates, not usually a concern for most domainers when trying to get a cheapo site built.

Caz's estimate of £500 for the design think is more hopeful than realistic, you do know that decent web designers earn in excess of £250 a day in the real world, same for good developers, if you want a decent website you have to pay for it, you wont get a shiny new Porsche for 2k and you wont get a shiny new website for £500.

Disagree with this

The design is nice, fits well with site and excluding credit card back end system design wise £500 is a realistic price when looking at all options.

Yes go to a good UK designer with strong portfolio used by corporate clients and large businesses and I'd agree with you - not going to get this for £500......

....but by no means the only option

Website looks great and the domain is brilliant as well.

Can we know who Trevor is or contact details?

it is a great looking site and i was going to go through it and insure my sons iphone but then i read alot of bad reviews about (Supercover Insurance Ltd)
has anyone here had any experiance with them?

Scott, like the site, good straight-forward design, good emphasis on the conversion point and looks good in all the browsers i tried. might want to add some meta tags, maybe validate your css and build some links from sites other than babynames.co.uk (looks good as well, btw). i hope it works out well for you, much better use of a good name than leaving it parked.
trevor spink? try eonic.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom