Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

NamesCO

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazarus

Staff member
Reaction score
So I thought that the free .uk was a good offer with any .co.uk from Names.co.uk

I later found that they are charging £10+VAT to transfer out.

This is the support I got so far....

ME: Iv been registering domains longer than I care to remember and I have never seen this practice. I currently have over 145 Domains registered with various registrars so I know what to expect alsoquality of service is not in anyway an issue. TAG changing is an automated process so the charge is not justified.

names.co.uk: Changing the tag for a .uk domain name is subject to a £10 +VAT transfer fee from Nominet themselves, as an example, information can be found on their website too. ^Mike

ME: Mike your last comment for a consumer. not a TAG holder. As a TAG holder you get this privilage free as your membership outlines.

ME: Mike tell me exactly how much nominet charges you (namesco) for transferring from one tag to another..

names.co.uk: Changing the tag is a registrar to registrar transfer as detailed here alongside their charge for providing this service - http://www.nominet.org.uk/.../manage.../change-registrar
Change registrar | Nominet
If you wish to change your registrar you should contact your current registrar who will be able to move the domain name for you. Registrars have access to our registration and domain management systems and can arrange to move a domain name for you very quickly.
NOMINET.ORG.UK

ME: Please make sure you are confident in what you are saying as this is in the public domain.

names.co.uk Hi, we do charge for the transfer away of domain names, in line with our pricing structure published on our website at http://www.names.co.uk/info/company/price-list listed as TLD 60 Day Transfer Away Window, however we will never insist that you t...See More
Namesco Domain and Hosting Price List | names.co.uk
We provide a range of web services including domain registration, hosting, email, servers and more. See our price list.
NAMES.CO.UK

ME: Mike.. Nominet do not charge for TAG to TAG transfers they only charge for Ownership transfers. Please justify this charge as it is done freely and automaticaly using Nominets API....

ME: Tag holder to Tag holder is free.... You are getting confused with registrant transfer (Ownership)...

ME: I am taking about .uk domains specifically. There is no charge to push to other tag holders. Only to transfer a domain to a new registrant.

I may be wrong but is he talking boll*cks ??

Last edited:
They charge the £10+VAT and when questioned they are saying that they have to cover this cost from Nominet.

They then Direct you to a page on the Nominet site regarding Ownership transfer in the hope that the customer does not know any difference.

Names.co.uk are a big company and should know better...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom