20i Domains

Nominet - Champions of Inclusion

Discussion in 'Nominet General Information' started by Siusaidh, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Siusaidh

Siusaidh Active Member

Well Hallujah! Nominet is a signatory for inclusion in tech:

[​IMG]

6 months ago, I was the most vocally critical candidate in the members' election, and it's believed by people here that a Nominet Board member came on this forum, and made an issue of my gender diversity, suggesting I was insecure about it, and suggested I was 'uncomfortable with myself' because I hadn't mentioned it. I am not, I just didn't see it was an issue at all, compared to substance, so I didn't play on it. This person came here, under pseudonym, as he has come here 4 or 5 times before under different pseudonyms. It was bizarre. What has my gender identity got to do with anything, when it comes to Nominet? And yet they have signed up as champions of tech inclusion, and took no action against him when other people here complained to them about this. As for the Board member concerned... a sad keyboard warrior I think, if I am correct about his identity, and it all came across as really bizarre, but it seemed on that occasion he was Nominet's 'attack dog' against their most vocal critic in that election. I'm out of all that stuff, but the fact no action was taken against a Director interfering in what should have been an impartial election process, and the hypocrisy of then claiming to champion inclusion... well, I would welcome new leadership because I don't think Sir Michael would let that kind of conduct go. I really don't. I hope the new leadership will raise this issue and insist the person concerned answers straight questions, because there are questions to answer.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

The puerile pestilence. Nominet should have taken care of that swiftly and robustly.

4. Ben Thomas

Ben Thomas Well-Known Member

The guy is a disgrace. It’s embarrassing. Childlike even.

5. dee

dee Well-Known Member Acorn Supporter

I remember that. It was weird

6. ukdomains United Kingdom

ukdomains Active Member

not seen anyone from ethnic minorities either. I remember going to of the lunches back in 2009... inclusion my arse..