Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nominet Commences .UK is 'A Great Place To Be' Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Following on from the recent achievement of reaching 10 million .UK domain name registrations milestone, Nominet has launched a new brand campaign for .UK.

The campaign is entitled 'A Great Place To Be' and emphasises the benefits having a .UK domain name can have for business, charity or personally in establishing a UK-centric, trusted internet presence.

Against a backdrop of strong growth in the internet economy in the UK, the campaign is focused on delivering a compelling .UK brand story for businesses and consumers, and will build on the solid foundations of trust, status and reliability.

Nominet has also established a dedicated campaign website at agreatplacetobe.co.uk and a toolkit of brand assets and promotional materials is being made available to registrars shortly.

To register your .UK domain name, check out EuroDNS here.

Published at: DomainNameNews.com

The campaign has to be good for UK domains.

Published at: DomainNameNews.com

The campaign has to be good for UK domains.

They were promoting this at Internet World last week. I agree, it's great to increase awareness. What is less desirable is the influx of people snapping up TMs and registering useless domains that will then drop.

It is VERY good for .co.uk domains. What's even better is that they're using a pure generic (SpareRoom.co.uk) as the example domain.

i actually like the campaign and images
is very 'british' :)

nominet have linked to a fund raising site from agreatplacetobe.co.uk that is worthy of a donation.

Newlungsfor.me.uk is Mike's way of raising awareness and money for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust in the 2012 London Marathon. He uses a .me.uk address to tell his amazing personal story.

The guy had a double lung transplant in 2007 and has run the marathon !

Yeah and a nice quality video

Quote from the video "Our dot org.uk address tells people we are Not For Profit" Hmmm The reality being somewhat different.

Would be nice to see a 20 second tv ad or something high profile, rather than connecting with those probably already familiar with the UK name space.

I wonder how many people would be able to answer the Question "what is the organisation called Nominet and what is their purpose ?" I'm guessing between 1 and 2% of the british public would be able to give any sort of "ball-park" answer

Last edited:
The site you quote will become even busier.

Indeed - Surprised they quoted only 900 visits a month though for a fully fledged site - I got the impression that for every three visits one was a subscriber listing a property. For a new venture not a problem. but, not sure that made for a good example

Hope I don't come across as too much a cynic. But, at one time I got paid for doing very much that - though it came with a far more complenentary Title . ;)

I will watch the video again - But, first impressions for any business annalistic mind could be just "Someones selling something" If they listen (which they will) to the figures for SpareRoom (as the example)

Nominet could have featured a "drive-home" example that didn't have any general public awarness, And this wasn't it imho - good domain name though.

Fits nicely with my GuestRooms//....

Last edited:
Quote from the video "Our dot org.uk address tells people we are Not For Profit" Hmmm The reality being somewhat different.

Couldn't agree more, and it's disappointing that they left that in.

That said, overall it is good for .uk so I like that.

Couldn't agree more, and it's disappointing that they left that in.

It's incredibly beneficial that they left that in - boosts the value of .co.uk even further by comparison. And Nominet has NEVER fully turned away from ".org.uk is for non-profits", it's more that they have tacitly accepted that not all such domains will be used that way, so it's not like they're suddenly being inconsistent.

Sorry it is, under "Click here to show domain information".

Would have put it to the right of "Not available".

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom