Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nominet Lock on Transferred Domains

Reaction score
We've just transferred in a bunch of domains from a couple of registrars to our own nominet tag which I did using the nominet change of registrar process rather than having the current registrar release the domains.

NB: One of the registrars charged an admin fee per domain so I figured I'd rather pay £10 once than a bunch of times. I moved some domains from another registrar at the same time on the same fee.

I've just noticed that the second registrar had a domain lock on the domains, which means that it's showing up in our tag as locked. How do I unlock these?

I did give it a quick google and we don't have domain lock enabled on the tag. If I enable it, will it then charge the lock fee to all the currently locked domains (about 26 or so) even if I immediately delete the lock?

I think I've figured it out. For anyone else that has this issue - or me when I do it again and forget the fix - this is how you get around it:

Modify the domain to only remove the specific EPP status: clientUpdateProhibited

After that you can edit the domain and change whatever.

Annoying as it means you can't do it in bulk but better than nothing.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom