Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nominet Nominet seeks nominations for Board role

Acorn Newsbot

Reaction score
We are now seeking nominations for a member-elected non-executive director. Working at the heart of the .UK internet, Nominet Board directors make decisions to secure a successful future for Nominet. Alongside Nominet’s position as the .UK registry, our DNS expertise means we play an important role in keeping the UK and Australia secure. Nominet is also one of the largest funders of projects that use technology to improve people’s lives.

Members of our board play an important role in shaping our direction, keeping us on course and using their experience and skills to move us forward. This paid role is an opportunity to gain valuable experience as a non-executive director in a company running important internet infrastructure and bring industry insight into the boardroom.

This year, members will vote for one non-executive director. The person elected will serve a three-year term.

Members of Nominet may propose individuals to stand for election, and the person standing does not need to be a member. However, only members can propose, second and vote.

Nominations will be accepted until noon (BST) 2nd June 2023.

More information, including a candidate pack detailing information on how to apply or to propose a candidate is available here.

The post Nominet seeks nominations for Board role appeared first on Nominet.

Continue reading...

So... anyone on Acorn interested in applying - represent domainers?
Kieren

The only people that benefit are the people on the board. And the lip service they throw our way by 'advisory committees' and 'neds who will do what they're told' only fools a few of the same people every year.

if Jim Davies stands again I'd def vote for him. I'm sure he would do a good job and he was committed to reduce reg fees.

if Jim Davies stands again I'd def vote for him. I'm sure he would do a good job and he was committed to reduce reg fees.

I's second that. The two most important issues are:

1. Reducing reg fees back down to the level before the previous Nominet management started ripping the membership off
2. Getting the voting system changed back to empower the majority of the membership, rather than give the tiny minority of big registrars the dominance they currently have (and use against the interests of the majority).

• Agree
Reactions: DJ

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom