Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Prime Day

Reaction score
Meh - can't see anything special about the deals this time..

Anyone excited about something on there?

Why would you buy that when you can get a branded apple one for 4x the price? :D

I think the general prime day deals on new stuff are a bit hit and miss - it's all very well discounting a set of pans by 30% but most people would only buy something like this every few years. If you want "a big telly" and aren't too fussy then there can be some good deals.

For the last couple of years I've done OK from the 20% off Amazon Warehouse offer. Amazon warehouse is where they sell returned stuff, but the discounts are usually very poor so the extra 20% off makes it interesting. You have to be careful what you're buying (they will tell you if there's accessories missing and what condition it's all in) but there's some good savings in there. I filled my basket up with stuff from the warehouse yesterday afternoon and set my alarm for 11.58pm knowing that the 20% offer might start at midnight - sure enough it did. But even though I checked out just after midnight, a couple of items were bought from under me by other equally sad people.

Rumour has it that you can avoid this happening by buying the items at normal warehouse price before midnight and then quickly cancel and re-order with 20% off at your leisure before they despatch.

As advised above, always check a price tracker and also other websites because sometimes stuff is cheaper elsewhere even with the offers. eBay for example are running a 20% off code at the moment to compete with Amazon. Only works with selected sellers this time but I bought a couple of things from there yesterday rather than waiting for Amazon because it was cheaper.

I've used Amazon Warehouse a few times for office equipment, it's pretty decent sometimes. I picked up a Yealink T42G and a Plantronics wireless headset for my home office last time and saved quite a bit of money

I've used Amazon Warehouse a few times for office equipment, it's pretty decent sometimes. I picked up a Yealink T42G and a Plantronics wireless headset for my home office last time and saved quite a bit of money

Had similar experience with Amazon Warehouse :)

The prime day Top-Up £80 and get £8 free deal (open to all this time I believe) was the only purchase I made as I do spend a fair bit on Amazon. Nothing jumped out at me though. It's turning into Black Friday!

Go to the department dropdown left of the search box at the top and select prime day then search for SSD. Its the first one that comes up.

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts