Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

RE: Nom Systems Upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strrange that as the one I did earlier was to FASTHOSTS and it worked as normal!

Grant

Anyone tried tag changing yet? since the updates?

Several times, for each domain.

Some were swallowed by Automation, never to be seen again. Some worked and some produced error messages.
After a bit of guesswork, it seems that there have been changes in Automation and it no longer tolerates blank lines, sometimes. Which it reports as an error if it feels like it.
The last one I tried, at about 5pm, with new improved syntax, it did work. However it took about 20 minutes to change on WHOIS and several hours to generate a ACK email.

My customers have been complaining.

Don't understand it - the domain is no value to me - so not even worth a call to their support desk, but I will check tomorrow if it is OK. It may be just a glitch at UKReg's end.

Done a few more tests since starting this reply it is a Fasthosts problem,

1. They first check that the the name is regged or not if you use an unregged name then - it comes back says not with nominet.

2. If you a use any name on that is currently on certain TAGs you get the error message I reported previously. UKReg seams to fail to read the current IPS TAGs for domains currently with 123-Reg, Schlund (1&1), Bowler - but works with other e.g. Domainbrand - that is just the ones I checked.

Hmm - fun & games over the next few weeks I would suggest.

JohnP

Is the automaton now fussy about line feeds? What does it want, Unix or Dos CR/LF format? Pick the wrong one and you have blank lines.

It seems to hate NULL's as well, even though the documentation says use them.

Guess the techies will have their hands full for a while.

I did 3 null NS record changes today.. which worked ok

Just got notification that the names not showing as suspended on whois are now showing the SUSPENDED status correctly.

Any further whois inconsistencies let me know and I'll pass them on now I've got direct contact.

Stephen

Yesterday [Mon] I renewed >20Nr domains via 123reg and they're still showing as not renewed ... it may be 123reg's fault?

The example for a REQUEST here shows it starting with a blank line. This would fail.

As you say, the techies at Nominet seem to have bigger fish to fry.

Well I still cant "list request" even thou I have followed the guidlines set by nominet? is anyone else struggling to list request?

Well I still cant "list request" even thou I have followed the guidlines set by nominet? is anyone else struggling to list request?

Sean

Last few I did last week before the changes took up to 24 hours so it was already not working as it had previously.

Stephen.

Cheers Stephen, yeah I did the same - although I am still waiting for mine since last monday.

I have heard its to do with my tag name not the way I am requesting the list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom