Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Registering .uk - I don't have the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've read quite a bit on the .uk registration thing, but I still have a couple of questions.

1.I've left with the impression, that Nominet will double-check if the registrant of the .uk domain has the right to do so. Is that so? While daily.co.uk won't let me register .uk without having the .co.uk under my account, I believe I found a couple of registrars that don't seem to actually do it - I added the domain to my basket, and was about to pay for it. That's why I would like to know if Nominet double-checks that.

2.Why I'm asking? .uk domain, which is interesting for me, is yet to be registered. Nominet send letter about the .uk rights to all of the .co.uk/org.uk/me.uk owners, but I don't know why the owner of the .co.uk domain hasn't registered it yet - he paid quite a lot of money for the co.uk version. However, he is not into .co.uks much, and is non-UK citizen, and (prolly) haven't heard of whats happening. There is website under the .co.uk similar to the websites he working on (.coms) - slowly paying off.

3.Thr other domain I'm interested in, is owned by a guy who sadly passed away - the domain is set to expire in 2016. If I register it (the .uk), it will expire (the .co.uk), drop off etc, even when for miliseconds, so not sure if the owners org.uk / me.uk can protest against me registering it.

I'll be happy to hear more opinions.

Thanks! Gotta take a better look later, since I have to leave for the theater now. Looks like Nominet double-checks if the registrant has the right to register the .uk. And, yeah, i meant *e-mails.*

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom