Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Renewals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Am i right in thinking i could wait until the last minute with 1 and 1 and then transfer all my .co.uk's to 123-reg for a free year? So i would effectively get 3 yrs for 4.50 on each of my domains? Not bad eh? ;)

Surely not, read the small print....

The best offer I have seen to transfer recently was the one on UKREG - Transfer your domains to them for FREE and get a £30 Google Adwords voucher. Can't be bad.

Can't see anything that stops you doing this. Of course, it is only at the moment as it is free to transfer .co.uk's. Normal price is 4.99+vat. Their standard policy is that you get a year on transferring in a .co.uk. I guess they just want the business.

I hate the 1 and 1 system, despite their cheapness, so if this offer is still on in a year and half's time (doubtful!) then i will transfer all my domains!!

If you transfer into 123-REG you change the registrar, but the renewal
date stays the same as it was with the old registrar.

It is free (if the old registrar lets you go "free")

I noticed this too,

"The minimum terms for ALL domains is 2 years, paid for in advance"

any one buying .com's from them ?

Last edited:
AFAIK it states they give you a year from transferring in...well it said that in the members section where the info is on transfers...

"The domain will be renewed for an additional year during the transfer process"

i am prob missing something blatant! :-|

Last edited:
I just read this in 123-REG T&C

16. RENEWALS AND FORFEITURE. Domain names are registered for a finite period of time. ,........In the event that you fail to renew your domain name in a timely fashion, your registration will expire and "we may, at our discretion, elect to assume the registration and may hold it for our own account, delete it or we may sell it to a third party"..............

what do you say Dropcatchers?

Nominet person is this kosher?

They can't do that with .uk's because only the registrant can give permission to change the ownership. They would be able to do it for .com's though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom