Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

RL's Amsterdam Inventory, first half

Status
Not open for further replies.
imho, overall a shocking collection of domains that would be lucky to make it in to the bargain basement on AD, however be interesting to see if the sales actually go through as there were a few lowball bargains.. :D

I didn't count properly, but seemed like maybe 1 in 5 sold? And most that sold were for the reserve price. Vegas.cm was the only one I noticed that went a lot higher than the reserve

Bad day in Amsterdam, maybe all the bidders got lost in the coffee shops :)

Cheers, Jon

Lots of rubbish in there, and I was aware (and sold a few to - with one coming back close to home) RL was on a .uk and ccTLD buy up - but it is interesting to see what was listed and the prices.

Saying that Rugs.co.uk and Houses.co.uk were decent enough sales at £15k / £50k each.

Who here knew of the auction, what time it started and was registered?

I was the first two but not the last , and I would bet quite a few knew of TRAFFIC but had sod all idea of the auction, which is a failing of the auction and to those who had names up there.

I was sitting in the auction room until the "R"s (there's only so long you can sit there, and it was a very long process) and it was interesting to watch the .cm names in particular sell.

I get the impression that the first couple broke the ice, and after that there was something of a "well if others have tested the water, it must be ok" - and that's why stuff like Vegas.cm went so high. I suppose if you're a "large" domainer it's no hassle at all to take a gamble on ONE really great name on an extension which may/may not catch on - if it does catch on you'll do well with that name, and if it doesn't no big deal. I was bidding on golf.cm (and bowlingballs.co.uk for a while) for exactly the same reason, but at some point it no longer makes sense even as a high risk/high return play.

Some of the 3-word .de domains like the "free credit report" one apparently mystified the German speakers that I talked to afterwards, because they were more like a dictionary word-by-word translation rather than the "correct" German word, and would never get used in practice in Germany. If that's the case, it's no wonder none of them got higher than the reserve.

What is this Rick Latona doing :confused: please come on AD and explain yourself, crap auction and crap prices.

Reminds me of an auction i use to go to and you could get a decent 3 piece suite for £8

Can't say i'm impressed with this shambles.

Yes rugs and houses went ok.

The word hype comes to mind :rolleyes:

Edwin : hope you done some window shopping while you was over there ;)

Was the TRAFFIC event itself well attended Edwin?

Was the TRAFFIC event itself well attended Edwin?

About 200 people, perhaps a little more. Enough of a mix of people to have made attending it enormously worthwhile - it's 99% about the people you meet and 1% about the seminar sessions in any case (though some people would throw a hefty % into the mix for the social activities too).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom