Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

rss feeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
im trying to get my head around the rss thingy.

i want an rss feed on my website "brittanyguide/co/uk" to keep up to date content.

i have an rss reader tool built into my site maker.

but i just dont know what to do or where to get a decent feed from?

any help would be very greatfully received.

wayne.

You need to tell your RSS reader which RSS feeds to present.

Go to the website you want to draw the content from and copy and paste its RSS URL into the reader configuration.

Admin

Moreover.com have a lot of good feeds. Or try some of the RSS aggregator sites like technorati, feedest, blogged, blogcatalog (all .com)

You can also pull feeds from Youtube if they have related vids (and we all know how Google smiles on sites that include YT vids!)

Cheers, Jon

installing a feed reader

On a similar note, how / what is installed to actually show the feed?

Thanks

Fish

Your best bet is to use a system that has the capability to pull in RSS feeds and turn them into pages, or html on one of your existing pages (with text that the SE's can read). Wordpress has plugins that do this, sounds like Boxerdog's system does something similar

You can also use Javascript widgets - I like feedsweep.com - which means your site visitors can read the articles, but the search engines won't index them as they just see a javascipt

HTH

Cheers, Jon

basically rss helps to present updated content. in programming section of website such facility has to make so that when ever changes are made on sites it will automatically reflect in rss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom