Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Selling a 'group' of domains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Does anyone know where you can sell a 'group' of domains..... i.e. if you want to sell the .co.uk, .com, .org.uk, .net etc of the same name..... at the same time...

I was hoping that acorn auctions might offer this (admin?) but seems not...

With the value of the group usually being greater than the individual separate sales I don't see anyone doing this...

any ideas? .. Thanks!

don't think anyone would be interested in buying a list like that tbh
it's often a mistake domainers make early on to register all the variants
only time worth doing is for a trademark or if you were lucky enough to have regged com and .co.uk in mid 90's and nailed other extensions later of a top keyword
plus i don't think peple do pay a premium for the whole list, i think you get less than breaking them up

i speak for myself and many others when saying people would only be interested in getting the .com and .co.uk
brilliant to get the pair imho, if a great keyword or two relevant to a site someone wants to develop
but even saying that you may well get more breaking them up, 'if' a great keyword
.net sucks :D

Disagree.

If you have a good keyword thats competitive and in a high paying niche there ARE people who would buy the complete set off you.

If its good enough to warrant having the set, locking out any "exact match" competition could give you a massive advantage for so long as Google still likes to give benefit to exact domains...

Its like everything else depends on the names and depends on the price

its not 2006/7 etc so keep expectation realistic

so if you dont mind laying your names on the table then i think the more

experienced guys here would lend a hand and advise

Yes. I was mainly referring to the .co.uk and .com pair extensions.
... But also having the keyword group for specific keywords so hopefully cornering the Market on specific keywords. I was hoping that there would be extra value in this.

But back to the original question ... Is there anywhere that entertains 'grouped' sales?

Thanks for the input guys!

Will

LMAO YES... HERE

Post them up in a for sale thread lol

T

Imho - Its always worth leading with the .com in any domain sales environment, then adding value with the additional extensions after an expression of interest.

Obviously - UK specific spelling, wording and market works with the co.uk at the forefront. I can recall several sales where the additional extensions consolidated a sale but absolutely none where it was of primary interest - In fact I've never known a buyer to be initially aware that I could offer any additional extensions.

PS I always view group listings as "unloved" in the first place

Last edited:
Thanks for the reassurance, Bailey... I see you're following the same idea with your recent sale post.

As for selling on here... although it might come to that one day... i see my investment as longer term and purely for 'end-user' ... I'm waiting for the market to come to me!

As the market develops I really do see owning the group of domains as the way forward as its a real barrier to entry for competition and even if never used, you know that you can safely develop sites in the knowledge someone's not going to take your PR from you.

As time goes on I reckon there will be places to sell 'groups' of domains... after all, the ideas out there now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom