Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sizeable Update at DNJOURNAL sales.

I moved all mine (about 300) from SEDO to Uniregistry just over a week ago and have had about 12 enquiries for various domains since then - pretty happy with that after nothing much happening with SEDO lately.

It's a bit frustrating that I can't seem to reply with a quote in GBP through the software, only dollars. Am I missing something? But have opted to just take the email address and send a direct personal email with price expectations. But I imagine my email is going straight to junk folders - haven't had a reply yet...

But first thoughts are that negotiating is more fun and hopefully more succesful this way as I can have a lot more input. Looking forward to completing a first sale with no poxy commission.

Also - was taken by surprise last week when somebody called my phone to enquire as I wasn't even aware my number was viewable.

But as others have said - am tempted to press that beautiful button - 'send to brokerage team'. Will try and hold off for a while though.

Free...!!? I need to clue up...

It seems you only pay the 15% commission if you broker up. Huge selling point, like wise with domainmanage the landing pages are nice and for $10 a month and no commission on the sale you cant really go wrong in my opinion. Sedo will be forced to compete sooner or later im sure.

What you're giving away by using any currently free platform are the details of your domain names and the inquiries you receive. This potentially enables the platform operator to market other domain names to those who have inquired about your domain names too.

Would be good to fork this thread back near where I asked about a posters spread of ccTLD and gTLD domain names since it's different to the previous content.

99% .co.uk domains, about 400 of them. The portfolio management and enquiry tracking system is decent and extensive, if a bit sluggish. The biggest issue I have with it is the completely inflexible parking pages, I've not found any way to move off the standard page template:

PupilTracker.co.uk

With this template, you get all sorts of junk enquiries coming through. I think largely because of the way it's worded, people think they are going to get an instant quote there and then. I reckon about 5% of the enquiries I've had that I've responded to I've actually had a response back and entered negotiations (I don't know, maybe my opening price is always too high :D ). I'd much rather people are asked to make an offer as part of the enquiry, which is why I really like JMI's new DomainManage.com service (e.g. http://www.bassetts.co.uk ).

I imagine I'll end up using DomainManage for all my parking, but give the Uniregistry brokerage team a go (assuming you still can even if you don't park there).

Thank you for the plug :)

Domain Manage will be offering more sale page designs and call to action features shortly. My own domain sales results have suggested that some end users, need a little nudge to make the cognitive leap to see the real value in purchasing a domain - its just a formula really. Of course 'Hardcore' investors will chase down a domain even it doesn't resolve they understand it all but that's not the average end user.

I can't see any reason to pay out commission to a third party to make a domain sales any more especially on sub £500 transactions. As long as the domain owner understands the domain transfer process, and can negotiate in a reasonable and competent way to the end user, then everyone should be happy.

What you're giving away by using any currently free platform are the details of your domain names and the inquiries you receive. This potentially enables the platform operator to market other domain names to those who have inquired about your domain names too.

Uniregistry certainly does this openly. If the buyer's budget is too low, they recommend one of the new gtlds. I've also seen them try to sell other domains to prospects.

As well, the company does buy domains for its own account. I would not be surprised if the company uses statistics from their platform to help determine which domains to buy and at what prices.

However, every strategy and platform has its drawbacks and advantages. One will need to weigh both of these in deciding what to do.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts