Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

So many domains, what to do with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What should I do with domains that I'm not using, is it worth doing a landing page with some SEO or just park em?

How many have you got? No offence taken if you'd rather not say. Just curious. Interesting topic.

Last edited:
Not sure exactly but got a fair few.

Just found this on code canyon which looks pretty cool might have to give it a go.

Well, decided to buy that script, here's a site I've just put up

childrensfancydress.org.uk

The script is easy to install, just upload and login to the control panel. You've got four tabs to set up tracking and enter all the content, title, meta description. There's two sections for content, 3 ad sections where you can add google adsense, flash, or static image / banner etc. The email form has validation all set up just enter the email to recieve messages.

Might build some links and see how it goes.

Last edited:
Sorry, but it looks bloody horrible to me, I wouldn't have wasted money on a script that looks like that.

fair enough, what don't you like the layout or design, or both?

Not sure about it myself tbh, it's different.

It's just that as a design you pay for, it looks very dated and bland to me, I've seen numerous better looking examples of more modern styled themes.

That page does look very basic but if it's only to sell the domain and not for affiliate purposes then it doesn't matter.

I just park mine so there's something there for the potential buyer to make an offer.

Might build some links and see how it goes.

No offense but don't waste your time.

You wont make any money, you will lose money by wasting your time that could of been spent making money doing something else.

I would put them up for sale and see what offers you get.

If you have loads of domains, it's pointless trying to build a site for all of them now. A few years ago that worked, but now there's no chance. One quality site is the way to go.

Rgds

thx for the tips.

I just read google adsense terms and it seems this is probably against their policy anyway.

I would work out what your most sellable names are, and then contact end users directly, by e-mail or letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom