Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Soda Stream

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Adam H, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member

Anyone else like their sodastream ? Got any hints on where the best priced flavour mixes are ?

I've just kicked a 2ltr a day habit for diet coke with the help of Soda stream, so no more aspartame and alot less preservatives and caffeine.

But it seems difficult to find the flavours, the Range had some good ones ( I like the diet coke of theirs ) at £3.99 for 440ml but our local stores have ran out, thats the cheapest ive found with some listers on Amazon and Ebay charging £18 a bottle :S.

Seems to be a shortage of the classics diet coke as no one at a reasonable price has any.

2. PoshTiger United Kingdom

PoshTiger Retired Member

Love mine but only use it for soda water - saves tons of waste!

3. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member

First time ive had it since i was a kid, so far I love it. So quick, healthier ( to a degree ) and will cut down the whole houses usage of fizzy pop and single use plastic bottles.

4. RobM

RobM Retired Member

Does it work easily with bottled water? Can't drink the tap water here. Haven't had this since I was a kid in London in the 80s lol.

5. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member

Yeah it will work fine with bottled water or water via a britta filter etc. I prefer the water through a britta filter as it tastes better than the hard water we have here.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

Can't you just buy post-mix bibs ?

Diet Coca Cola is usually expensive, at like £45+Vat, but Pepsi Max is often £35 a bag, for 7 litres which will make about 10 gallons, if you get cheap cola brands you can get 10 litre bags for £25 and make about 14 gallons finish product.

Edit: Not this company, but they have a list of products which may give you an idea of what out there. http://www.djdrinks.co.uk/subtypes/post-mix/

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  7. cm1975 United Kingdom

cm1975 Well-Known Member

Quite the description of Irn Bru on that website -

Distinct and memorable Tutti Fruity tropical aroma and taste. Irn Bru`s unique flavour profile encompasses notes of rose, cream and a metallic blood taste, blended into a sweet citrus drink.

• Funny Funny x 1