Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

.tel - a worthwhile investment for the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'd be interested to hear your thoughts as to whether domains with this extention are worth investing in? As it works in a different manner from other extentions, with future technology developments, will it become a must have?

cant see it catching on hugely tbh,

saying that when the .me came out I only bought 1 and I made a £450 profit just by flipping it, so I have actually bought a few .tels :p

Last edited:
The way I see it if it takes off, I'd kick myself for not buying my surname whilst I could, so I did :)

I consider it worth a punt for £10 for personal use. Not sure about investment potential

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts as to whether domains with this extention are worth investing in? As it works in a different manner from other extentions, with future technology developments, will it become a must have?

Investing / Speculating are different things.

IMHO no, its a big pile of tosh :)

The way I see it if it takes off, I'd kick myself for not buying my surname whilst I could, so I did :)

I consider it worth a punt for £10 for personal use. Not sure about investment potential

Same, I caved today and got my surname just in case. Should have a better idea in 12 months of whether it's worth keeping or not.

Really can't see any speculation/investment potential here.. possibly the more popular surnames and *big* keywords if it does take off. But you'll likely never get one ranked, and the potential uses are extremely limited.

Hey, i pre-ordered 10, lost 6 during landrush,left 4 and cancelled them 48hrs before go live, got a message from registrar saying ha to late to cancel, names have already been assigned (no punt intended) we know you will be successfull.

Well lo and behold i now own Assign.tel

Any offers ? ;)

I am guessing not lol :p

NB* i'm so proud (not)

haven't bothered
if i could have got for regfee my christian name then would have nailed

i won't be buying any

acorn.tel is free though

Been thinking about this some more (dangerous I know), and it's hard to see how obvious ones such as breakdown.tel or loans.tel wouldn't have any value.

Still difficult to envisage how they would add much value to an existing business, but I suppose it's possible that the way the .tel system works could be changed or relaxed in the future?

haven't bothered
if i could have got for regfee my christian name then would have nailed

i won't be buying any

acorn.tel is free though

Genius's think alike, i also spotted Acorn.tel is available :D

I havn't regged it though.

So far I've reg'd my surname but funnily enough the next one I considered was breakdown.tel - which of course was long gone! Will be interesting to see how this one pans out.

So far I've reg'd my surname but funnily enough the next one I considered was breakdown.tel - which of course was long gone! Will be interesting to see how this one pans out.

Don't worry mate, you can grab breakdown.phone when that comes out and if you don't get that you can grab breakdown.call when that comes out.

How about breakdown.icann
The list would be endless
Maybe finance.scam for the dodgey nigerians

We will see what happens with .tel but when registrars only just manage to give .infos away except Telivo who think it's worth £10 pa with a minimum of 2 years reg :(

.tel

.tel is really different than anything we have seen. I bought a few just because in everyone's lifetime there is always the one that got away. Just seems unique in its own right. Imagine having the name chicagoPlumber and all your information is there; phone, address, etc. As a company, we have a phone, fax, mobile phone, website, mobi website, now we have a generic name .tel that I am hoping will get us type-in traffic. I probably would have paid $500 for the name but I got lucky and it was available. I believe they will be a good investment but these days... one never knows. Does anyone think a generic name with 3d in front of it is a good investment? I own the name 3dautomobiles.com and it gets approx. 250 per month in traffic. Not too many clicks though.

.tel is really different than anything we have seen. I bought a few just because in everyone's lifetime there is always the one that got away. Just seems unique in its own right. Imagine having the name chicagoPlumber and all your information is there; phone, address, etc. As a company, we have a phone, fax, mobile phone, website, mobi website, now we have a generic name .tel that I am hoping will get us type-in traffic. I probably would have paid $500 for the name but I got lucky and it was available. I believe they will be a good investment but these days... one never knows. Does anyone think a generic name with 3d in front of it is a good investment? I own the name 3dautomobiles.com and it gets approx. 250 per month in traffic. Not too many clicks though.

A generic with 3D infront of it, to be honest i don't get it :confused:
It will only be worth something to someone who's business is called 3D whatever ?

Names such as Aplumber.com, Abuilder.com never sold for much
Best to use this type of generic for yourself
As for Chicagoplumber.tel i very much doubt there was a big list of pre-orders for it

Good luck with your domains but don't go regging lots of 3Dwhatever.coms'

.tel is really different than anything we have seen. I bought a few just because in everyone's lifetime there is always the one that got away.

That would be .com / .co.uk etc then , certainly not .tel

3dgenericname.com

Pretend Automobiles.com was appraised at $1,000.00 and they sell cars, then someone wanted to open a car dealership and show their cars in 3d which is available (3d software)... what would 3dautomobiles be worth? 250 visitors is a lot of people when I never even put it on Google or any other search engine... or ever advertised it. I have 250 coming to my site, it actually doubled last month was 125 people. Please give this some thought then I would greatly appreciate your response. What about say geos... 3dAlaska.com as people may want to view Alaska in 3d.

I've come up with a brainstorm, how about 3Dstreetview.com ? :rolleyes:

1/ You would need to reg everything as 3D
3DAlaska, 3DCalifornia, 3DLondon, 3DParis etc
if you have a budget of millions, go for it !!!

2/ You could just reg 3Dcities.com and put them all under 1 roof

3/ As for 3DAutotmobiles, why doesn't the showroom just have a virtual tour :confused:

As i said earlier don't go wasting your money, a guy once bought 999Doctors, 999Opticians, 999Bricklayers, 999London, 999Sarah in fact 999Everything, the list was endless
He had thousands and regged them for about 8 years, he as now let them all go and wasting thousands and thousands of pounds and is a joke amongst domainers :lol: :lol:

But what if I want to view Alaska in 3D, HD quality AND with sound?

3dhdwithaudioalaska.com ?

The answer to your question...Yep good investment.... My name already in auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom