Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

The real value of the .uk RoR drops

Reaction score
I am dubious about some of the names being snapped up. Anyone care to hasard à guess at which ones so far they estimate to be the most valuable, and how much?

The ll.uk would all be nice to have, I liked audio.uk.

wql.uk is worth less than 50 pounds seeing as it didn’t sell on DomainLore last month. Bad lll I know, but the .com equivalent would still be $5-10k or more.

I am dubious about some of the names being snapped up. Anyone care to hasard à guess at which ones so far they estimate to be the most valuable, and how much?

wql.uk is worth less than 50 pounds seeing as it didn’t sell on DomainLore last month. Bad lll I know, but the .com equivalent would still be $5-10k or more.

lol... yep wql.uk still available.

audio was the one i really wanted. Some great three letters out there also. joy, gig ...

Gig is a great one, I had that on my own list and joy, no chance though lol

Not to be rude but on the whole people have registered a load of rubbish from what's been posted (I've registered a few duds I should delete too)

As for the best and values, should be obvious and should be into the £xx,xxx

How high into the xx,xxx idk, thankfully I haven't caught the biggest to have to worry about pricing them

.uk market is not great dont expect to get what a couk would sell for only top tier names will fetch good money even lll.uk won’t be worth much i hold thousands of uk domains and only sell a few .uk no one wants them !

.uk market is not great dont expect to get what a couk would sell for only top tier names will fetch good money even lll.uk won’t be worth much i hold thousands of uk domains and only sell a few .uk no one wants them !
Same here - Out of interest are you active trying to sell them or sit and wait ?

I hold alot of uk domains and sell lots but co.uk is what people want .UK they don't want only co.uk

Might that not be down to them not being aware of the .uk domains or that there haven't been that many decent .uk domains available until now?

I still think it is a knowledge issue, the layman's default is still .co.uk but I think from a user perspective they are much more used to none .co.uk or .com domains now that unless your giving info out verbally then I cannot see any real issues.

For small personal projects I always default to just the .UK now.

As for the best and values, should be obvious and should be into the £xx,xxx

The only 5-figure .uk domain I've seen would be z.uk, with a single potential buyer who might want a branded url shortener.

In my opinion, most of the rest of the names caught will do well to get past £xxx. A few of the very best will creep into low £x,xxx.

Might that not be down to them not being aware of the .uk domains or that there haven't been that many decent .uk domains available until now?

wrong we own many quality domains in .UK and have done since the launch and do we get leads no i dont see any uptake in .UK people still prefer co.uk

The only 5-figure .uk domain I've seen would be z.uk, with a single potential buyer who might want a branded url shortener.

In my opinion, most of the rest of the names caught will do well to get past £xxx. A few of the very best will creep into low £x,xxx.
wrong we own many quality domains in .UK and have done since the launch and do we get leads no i dont see any uptake in .UK people still prefer co.uk

Few would want to pay meaningful amounts without the co.uk - it’s too early to see how this will evolve - a separate space or poor cousin

Few would want to pay meaningful amounts without the co.uk - it’s too early to see how this will evolve - a separate space or poor cousin

Its more like a mixed mess thats why nominet have employed a fleet of DRS staff to take on all the DRS o_O

This is without looking through the lists again, just off the top of my head estimates

10-20 potentially £xx,xxx

500 domains going into £x,xxx

Maybe 5000 into £xxx

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom