Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

today

Status
Not open for further replies.
i.e. look at creative.co.uk - it just sold for £7000 on sedo

On the face of it it looked a good name - perhaps worth the money or a bit more - but with an overture result of 343 with the extension it looks a bargain and a very shrewd investment.

Edwin's maps.co.uk is a fantastic name and I'm sure stanford's would want that.

Warning though - overture is not always accurate - we bought a couple of domains which failed miserably (one shows overture of 206 and is producing only £10 per month - fortunately it only cost £500) wheras others have been a great success and pay back the outlay within a year. After a while, and with a larger portfolio, you get the feel for a good domain. Usually, overture is a good indication, but don't mortgage your house to buy a domain.

you have to remember that overture doesn't encompass GOGGLE searches so it can only been used as a rough guide - i mean, what percentage of the UK dont use google?

It's probably good for getting an idea of what people are searching in general though.

What I still don't understand is

Why are people searching (thru a search engine) for a domain name

Why not just type it into the adress bar and cut out the middle man

atlanta1 said:
What I still don't understand is

Why are people searching (thru a search engine) for a domain name

Why not just type it into the adress bar and cut out the middle man

Exactly, meaning if you have a overture w/ext result of say 200 (Per month), you would expect to receive more than 200 uniques a month from that domain as the majority of people wouldn't type a domain into a search engine.

You and I would type it into the address bar, not to mean everyone will.

It's all coming together now

I've learnt a fair bit today

Thanks guys

I've done the overture thing on all my domains and the only one with any results is unblocking.co.uk so maybe that'll turn out to be a good buy

Nigel,

It got nothing when I just did it

I tried on the US overture too, did you try o2mobiles or 02mobiles?

Sorry Atlanta - I put in 02mobiles.com not o2mobiles.com :(

but check again in a week and you never know it might show something when the Sept overture figures come out. They are usually updated around the middle of the month (sometimes as early as the 10th).

Last edited:
That's made my day, that has... not!

I've got the right one... but a typo's getting on overture of 7... give me strength.

I think it's an anomoly and this is one where overture is throwing up a strange result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom