Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Transferring to somones TAG

CSL

Reaction score
Hi all, a simple question but just to be sure, in the past when i've sold domains I did the transfers via the Nominet transfer process, but if for example a buyer were to request that I release a domain name to their own TAG, is that the same as going to my host (20i in this instance) and clicking on Transfer Away and entering the buyers IPS-Tag in the Change Nominet Tag box? This is what I do when I sell domains via Dan so wondered if it was the same thing, I suspect it is and i'm having a momentary brainlapse but as the saying goes it never hurts to ask.

Last edited:
Yes essentially. Well.... with go daddy anyway, so sure its probably the same.

Just make sure they change the who is data when they get it. Thats the one advantage of going nominet route, they plug in those details on transfer.

Reactions: CSL
Hi all, a simple question but just to be sure, in the past when i've sold domains I did the transfers via the Nominet transfer process, but if for example a buyer were to request that I release a domain name to their own TAG, is that the same as going to my host (20i in this instance) and clicking on Transfer Away and entering the buyers IPS-Tag in the Change Nominet Tag box? This is what I do when I sell domains via Dan so wondered if it was the same thing, I suspect it is and i'm having a momentary brainlapse but as the saying goes it never hurts to ask.

Exactly the same, except you will not be in control of the tag you transfer to. It matters not how you send it, just that you send it. And when it gets to the other end (buyer) they will simply move the domain into their contact card within Nominet.

Alternatively, you can make them pay for the Nominet transfer.

Last edited:
Reactions: CSL

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom