Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Trying hard to leave 123-Reg!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Last week I went through the laborious process of transferring all the domains in my 123-Reg account to Daily. I then messaged 123-Reg to close the account and after no reply for a couple of days the account is still live.

Sent them a further message to chase them this morning and am now being told that I need to phone an 0845 number (which apparently is experiencing "technical difficulties" at the moment) as apparently I have "Instant Site" live on the account and I need to terminate this before the account can be closed.

I wasn't even aware I had this "Instant Site" but on closer inspection I appear to have activated the free option on two domains quite some time ago, presumably just to see what it was. There is a "manage your instant site" section which you would think, logically, would allow you to switch this option on and off but NO - as with everything with this shoddy company - they have to make their customers jump through hoops to accomplish simple tasks. They obviously have a business model built on the mistaken belief that preventing customer doing things (like removing card details, changing a package etc) will lead to customer retention. Piece of advice for anyone at 123-Reg, it's quite the opposite. I can't wait to leave this dreadful company.

If either of the employees that post on this forum read this I would be very grateful if one of them could help with closing my account!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom