Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Twitter Ads

Discussion in 'Social Media Marketing' started by paymatters, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paymatters United Kingdom

paymatters Active Member

Just trialing these and on the face of it look good that you can pay per click and target people who follow relevant sites or post about certain items.

Problem is say you're targeting contractors/freelancers very few post that's what they do. The sites that you'd hope they'd follow i.e. other umbrella companies, contractor accountants aren't normally followed by the people they are designed for but by other businesses.

Anyone got a good idea how I can target contractors or freelancers or people/businesses looking for a new accountant.

Twitter is generating clicks but no enquiries.

I've noticed my ads appear on my own personal twitter account as I follow relevant twitter accounts but suspect most clicks are from competitors or similar businesses having a look at what we offer rather than potential customers.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Miles

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. paymatters United Kingdom

paymatters Active Member

Anyone??

Can get 100 clicks at 50p each but none seem to materialise into enquiries and my web stats don't seem to see the 100 clicks either!

4. philiporchard United Kingdom

philiporchard Well-Known Member

Hi Miles,

In your Twitter ad campaign, you can turn off ads appearing to your current followers.

Also, can you target 'sole traders', or words like 'freelance', 'small business' etc?

Possibly that might work.

5. UncleBob United Kingdom

UncleBob Active Member

I am not sure if this is any help, but on our side we find Twitter not so great for this, yet get good success when we've done it for clients on Facebook.

I am far from expert in it, but from what I have seen the CMS on Facebook allows you to target in the way you want to - interests, location, profession, etc.

Hope this helps in some way.

6. martin-s United Kingdom

martin-s Well-Known Member

Twitter click stats aren't necessarily clicks to your website. Some will just be clicks to your Twitter handle, any hashtags you've used, or even to open the tweet fully.

The trick to Twitter ads is to minimise the number of clickable things - which is a bit of a shame, because hashtags are useful!

7. paymatters United Kingdom

paymatters Active Member

Thanks for the replies will have a look today!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.