Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

.uk domain has been registered by someone else

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what would have happened if you hadn't realised for another week, and the guy who registered it and then listed it on Domainlore had sold it for £100 ?

Bit complicated, I originally tried to register it through Nominet on my own TAG, deleted that (within hours) and then registered it through TSO, but because the verification email from the Nominet application wasn't completed, that application was rejected and incorrectly made it available to reg.

I wonder if Nominet have had to go through all registered .uk 2LD to check that where rights existed everything has happened as it should have done? For any unsuccessful .uk 2LD registration attempts Nominet may also have had to check that the rights had still been retained where they existed.

I wonder what would have happened if you hadn't realised for another week, and the guy who registered it and then listed it on Domainlore had sold it for £100 ?

Nominet probably would have compensated him where proof of a loss could be evidenced.

I wonder if Nominet have had to go through all registered .uk 2LD to check that where rights existed everything has happened as it should have done? For any unsuccessful .uk 2LD registration attempts Nominet may also have had to check that the rights had still been retained where they existed.

They said this was the only domain it has happened to, so maybe they did trawl through :D

Did a WHOIS and see you certainly do. Did Nominet give you further explanation and did you get asked to sign anything? :)

Caz: what was it you were talking about in your last post within this thead, exactly? Sh*te perhaps? :)

(from iPad - B)

lol yes invincible, seemed pretty clear cut from the start.

Interesting to see how nominet sorted it though and said it was the only 1

The seller on domainlore must be gutted, maybe a good time to list the pair on DL?

They said this was the only domain it has happened to, so maybe they did trawl through :D

Your experience has probably done Nominet a big favour if you ask me, imagine if this had gone unnoticed for some time by less savvy .co.uk registrants.

lol yes invincible, seemed pretty clear cut from the start.

Interesting to see how nominet sorted it though and said it was the only 1

The seller on domainlore must be gutted, maybe a good time to list the pair on DL?

I don't think they'd sell for what I paid so I wont be doing that, I still have plans for them anyway to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom