Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

UK Reg Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Alright,

I like UK reg but the system is going to cause me debt payments on my account. They insist on billing my card 30 days before payment falls due for the domains. Me? I prefer to renew a domain when it's due, when I wish to.

Can anyone see a way of removing card details from the system to avoid them charging so early? I've already sent emails complaining about their service but there's nothing they can do to remove the card details or stop me being billed so early. i.e. renewal due 9th December, they billed me today...

Now this kind of customer service I can well do without. Being faced with £25 charges for going overdrawn on the basis that they're too stubborn to simply remove card details is beyond comprehension. I've fired off another email tonight so hopefully they will comply, how hard can it be to remove card details?

Cheers
Lee

It appears that they are taking the P. I would advise them that you object to the money being taken so early. You say though that renewal is due 9th December. Do you mean it expires on the 9th Dec, in which case of course they will need to know that you want to renew maybe at least a few day before to enable them to fire off the request so it may be acceptable to take the money on say 1st December, but 9th November seems ludicrous. Why not just transfer to another Registrar ?. http://www.domaincity.co.uk is excellent service and reasonable prices.

DG

I agree UKreg are very keen on renewing domains. A month in advance is too early. I personally can't see why they can't renew 7 days in advance. We've got a large portfolio with them and we're very pleased with their service level, the renewal procedure, and prices, and having dealt with them for many years with very few problems we wouldn't move away from them over this. But I'm sure they will lose some business because of this. Let's hope that someone from ukreg reads this blog and implements a charging process closer to the renewal date.

I received an email today to say the card has been removed but because it breaks their terms and conditions I can no longer administer my domains. Which isn't strictly true as on first appearance I thankfully still can unless it's further in.

If they operated a system like 123-reg it would be much better, I as any customer should, should be able to decide whether they wish to have their card details stored 'online' or not or just use the credit function when required.

This is only for a week but I may need to do this again to ensure funds are allocated appropriately, I just don't see why I should fall into the red and receive bank charges because domain payments aren't due yet but I have fully planned to pay for at the time of renewal and yes seven days is acceptable, more so than 30 days anyway.

UKreg should realise that they're not the cheapest when it comes to purchasing com, net and org. Their system is accomodating to a certain degree but DD24 get most of my business these days when purchasing com and net.

domain payments

I use 123reg, 1st class, so they charge a few pence extra on renewals, their website is user friendly, their reg system is among the quickest ,if you want a co.uk in a hurry. I would praise them to anyone.

I agree with you Zee and favour 123-reg too. If you sell a domain to another 123-reg user, pushing the domain over to them is simple and quick.

They don't even have to be another 123-reg user, you just create a new account for them, that's what I always do.

I can't fault 123-reg at all other than they are really crap at giving back refunds.

How would you transfer domains out of this crap company? they've done it again, taken payment a month early. Does it cost to transfer out? I suppose it does? I'm furious, they do my head in!

Dear UKREG, Don't treat your customers like this!

its free to transfer them out - just change the TAG to the company you want to move them to.

Personally I've never had a problem with ukreg.

Grant

Thanks I'll look at moving elsewhere tonight, I've had enough of them! At least the one renewed today is valid until 15th Feb 2007. :rolleyes:

They never make it easy, to transfer to DD24, I just change the tag at UKreg but do you think DD24 want the years extension paying there and then? No wonder I didn't leave last time...

You see I don't have this bother with 123-reg, because they don't hold my card details and I'm in full control, UKReg just take your money a month early regardless.

Last edited:
I'm so angry, so angry that I'll stop short of calling them thieving ****** because I was stupid enough to use them in the first place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom