Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Website review please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I registered diamondnecklaces.org.uk this morning & have stuck an affiliate site up on it.

Would anyone care to critique it please, I've been looking at it so long I can't see the wood for the trees.

I am pretty proud of the strap line though :)

I registered diamondnecklaces.org.uk this morning & have stuck an affiliate site up on it.

Would anyone care to critique it please, I've been looking at it so long I can't see the wood for the trees.

I am pretty proud of the strap line though :)

Looks nice, well done!

Have you tried it with stronger colours? If you look at jewellery ads in magazines, they often have a black background, to make the shiny baubles stand out more in contrast

Maybe use the darkest purple you have in your logo more. Perhaps with a matching yellow. Strong purples are often associated with wealth and prestige

HTH

Cheers, Jon

Thanks Joned,
I always struggle with the colour schemes and logos - I'm not very artistically inclined, so thanks for the comments on colours.

I was thinking of changing those buy it now buttons too.

Design looks familiar. Is it based on the brian gardner wp themes?

Yes it is.

I've chopped up bits of City & Music & stuck them together - had to get rid of the featured gallery module though, it just slows the site to a crawl unfortunately.

I changed the colour scheme and layout a bit too.

Try this - ColorSchemer - Online Color Scheme Generator - I use it all the time

Put a colour in on the left hand column (the purple from your logo for example) and it generates a set of matching colours. You can also darken or lighten the suggested colours if you want

BTW the "Web Design Keighley" link in the footer is broken

Cheers, Jon

Thanks that should be a big help.

Thanks for pointing out the broken link too.

I think I'll go to the pub for a bit, I'll play with the colours later :)

Personally, I don't like the strap line.

Your menu items need a lot more contrast, they are too easy to miss at the moment.

All your images should be clickable.

You need to help the buyer more by telling them why they should buy a particular necklace and why it's a good deal.

Rgds

Personally, I don't like the strap line.

Your menu items need a lot more contrast, they are too easy to miss at the moment.

All your images should be clickable.

You need to help the buyer more by telling them why they should buy a particular necklace and why it's a good deal.

Rgds

Thanks,
I'm planning on changing the colours a bit, I'll take that into account.

With regards to the point of helping the buyer I've simply uploaded the product data from each vendor, I've now changed the buy it now button to a learn more button - theres more info on the vendor site - which I think will incline more people to click than buy it now.

I've uploaded about 4000 products so far and plan to add another 6000 - 7000, the aim being to have lots of long tailed keywords for people to find the site with.

It was a big enough job doing that with a simple csv import, I haven't the energy to individualise each product, but I fully appreciate what you're saying, and yes, if I had the get up & go to do it I would.

Many Thanks.

PS I've made the images clickable now - good point - and the strap line is supposed to be tongue in cheek, I can easily change it if it isn't appropriate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom