Membership is FREE – with unlimited access to all features, tools, and discussions. Premium accounts get benefits like banner ads and newsletter exposure. ✅ Signature links are now free for all. Share your own thoughts and experience, accounts may be terminated for violations.
  • Welcome to AcornDomains.co.uk, a friendly community for UK domain investors, developers and anyone interested in domain names.

    Whether you're looking to buy or sell domains, learn more about the UK domain market, get feedback on your names, or simply chat with other domainers, you're in the right place. AcornDomains has been bringing together people from across the UK domain industry for many years, from complete beginners to experienced investors.

    Have a look around, join the discussions and, if you haven't already, create a free account and introduce yourself.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal What makes a name good crabfair.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Nov 13, 2007
Posts
43
Reaction score
0
Hi alll,

I'm still new to domain names and only started buying as i built my 1st website for my own business and got highly addicted!!!

I now have well over 100 domains for no apparent reason and with no real idea of what makes a great domain.

Example I live in Cumbria and a local fair Crab Fair which is home of the World Gurning Championships is held in a small town not too far away.

I bought the domain crabfair.com as i thought it would make a good website. But is the actual domain rubbish except to someone who also lives near?

I also have cashgamepoker.co.uk which i thought was a great domain but again it dosen't seem to be.

Can someone explain in laymens terms what a good domain name would be and why, whilst apprasing the above domains if possible:p

I have had an offer of £1000 for the crabfair.com from someone local though so thats probably gonna go! (but this was in a pub after a few shandy's)
 
A good domain is one that an end user would find desirable and be prepared to pay money for rather than seek out other alternative available domains, or a domain that is product based & searched for.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom