Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

10th July - Nominet .uk Roundtables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just to let you know on the 10th July (this Wednesday) there are two Nominet roundtables:

Registrar Agreement - Roundtable discussions
10th July (09:30 – 11:30) – Central London
http://www.nominet.org.uk/RegistrarAgreement

.uk - Roundtable discussions
10 July (12:00 - 14:00) - Central London
http://www.nominet.org.uk/SLDconsultation

The meeting venue is:

One Great George Street
Westminster, London
SW1P 3AA
http://www.onegreatgeorgestreet.com

I have put my name down today and I hope a few more here can make it

I'm booked to attend both meetings on Wednesday 10th. I shall also likely attend the AGM and the other direct.uk round table, immediately afterwards, on 22nd.

I'm not sure whether those involved in the secondary market (e.g. Drop catchers) are fully aware of how the proposals for the registrar agreement changes might affect the overall pool of available domain names dropping each day, should registrars be allowed to take control of expired *.uk domain names. Everyone happy about that?

thanks for posting I was only registered for the afternoon but have added the morning session but it depends on trains getting there early!

thanks for posting I was only registered for the afternoon but have added the morning session but it depends on trains getting there early!

I wonder if Nominet would be kind enough to pick up the bill for a stay at the nearby hotel?! Looked to be £300+ a night. I'm taking the train in and shall "land" at around 9am. Taxi to the venue.

(from iPhone)

Can't make any of these sessions this time round - all the best!

I'll be at both sessions on the 10th but I have to run for a train about 30s after the afternoon session ends - stuff to do back in Cambridge in the evening.

I'm not sure whether those involved in the secondary market (e.g. Drop catchers) are fully aware of how the proposals for the registrar agreement changes might affect the overall pool of available domain names dropping each day, should registrars be allowed to take control of expired *.uk domain names. Everyone happy about that?

The new registrar agreement is going to change the way people here do business - it won't be until the pool of expired names drys up and everyone is having to pay a premium through auctions until they wake up to it - by then it will be too late!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom