Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

1and1 Change Registrant .co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I know, I shouldn't be using 1and1. Leaving that aside, anyone know how to change the Registrant on .co.uk domains in a 1and1 package, but without transferring away from 1and1? I have a dozen or so domains that I want to change registrant on, but leave them in the same account in 1and1.

1and1 support, even the "premium" dedicated server support, just look up their help documents, which are wrong. 1and1 may be an accredited registrar but the control panel only allows you to change the contact details, it does not allow you to change the registrant, at least not if it is registered to a company.

If I do the transfer in Nominet online services, but leave the TAG the same, will this balls up the 1and1 account?

I know, I shouldn't be using 1and1. Leaving that aside, anyone know how to change the Registrant on .co.uk domains in a 1and1 package, but without transferring away from 1and1? I have a dozen or so domains that I want to change registrant on, but leave them in the same account in 1and1.

1and1 support, even the "premium" dedicated server support, just look up their help documents, which are wrong. 1and1 may be an accredited registrar but the control panel only allows you to change the contact details, it does not allow you to change the registrant, at least not if it is registered to a company.

If I do the transfer in Nominet online services, but leave the TAG the same, will this balls up the 1and1 account?

If the registrar doesn't provide a facility or can't do it manually via a support ticket submission, the only other method is to pay Nominet to do it for you. Without knowing more about how 1and1 operate their customer account systems I have no idea. On the face of it I don't see why editing a single attribute relating specifically to the domain name registrant should need to affect anything else. It's not a DNS change for example.

(from LG G3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom