20i Reseller Hosting

4 out of 5 people in the UK prefer to click through to a .co.uk website - source?

Discussion in '.UK Domain Name Consultations' started by DarkSky, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brassneck United Kingdom

Brassneck Well-Known Member

Also look at

http://www.bis.gov.uk/assets/biscore/statistics/docs/b/12-92-bpe-2012-stats-release.pdf

Look at Table 1 - there are 3.5 million businesses with no employees and and over a 1 million with 0 to 9. As the stats above mention these will have much lower take/interest in IT.

So of 4.8 million private sector businesses, 3.5 million are at best 1-man bands, and another 1 million or so will be pretty small.

Stephen

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

"Lazy" "Pathetic"

Your choice of insults directed at me then. Must have hit a nerve.

There is nothing wrong in being biased, just don't try to present your arguments as balanced - which they clearly aren't, and understandably so

4. websaway United Kingdom

websaway Well-Known Member

Don't take peoples particular moods as a measure of how valuable your input is.
    You do a great service and it's easy for people, depending on their mood, to give others a hard time, that's the nature of forums.

5. foz

foz Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

6. Brassneck United Kingdom

7. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

yeah, cheers foz - That's for the list of all those yes minister distractions I'm going to sidetracked by this evening.

There is nothing personal in my comments (anyway I hope not) It's just when stats are presented once or twice - you can bend a bit towards the 'drive' behind their reason for presentation. But, when it's overly relied on (and inaccurately so)- then some "Hand-Waving" has to be done.

PS I did study "Quantitative And Statistical analysis" at HNC level. Guess that's why it makes me exam source and 'Presentation' for argument.

*It's clear what has happened (and I've no doubt a genuine error) it's a acceptance of figures and percentages from different statistical sources then merging and presenting them as if they were from the same sample.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  8. Brassneck United Kingdom

Exactly what politicians and similar do all the time.

Stephen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.