Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Advice for website/database build

Discussion in 'Website Design' started by Nick2561, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Nick2561 United Kingdom

Nick2561 Active Member

Hi

Ive been searching around for quite some time to find a database type site that allows customers to input a variety of info, on a specific product, which is then collated and results shown. Quite difficult to explain but the closest i have found to what i want is a site called, pop price guide / com

They have loads of toys in a database, with the average price shown next to each. When you have an account, you claim to own that toy and input the price you paid for it. All the prices are collected together and averaged and the result is shown to everyone. Thats basically the functionality i need for a new site.

How can this be achieved using wordpress? Is there a plugin/theme?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

2. monaghan United Kingdom

monaghan Well-Known Member

I doubt you'll find a plugin already, but you could do that with Wordpress. You can do anything with WordPress it is all down to how well you can design & code it.

You really need to sit down and design the work-flows first and then decide on which platform you will build on or whether to write your own platform, not pick a platform and then make it fit your requirement.

3. storebuilder

storebuilder Active Member

You can use Jreviews to do this with wordpress.

4. Nick2561 United Kingdom

Nick2561 Active Member

Thanks for your comments! Ill look into Jreviews later.

I can design ok, but my coding is limited. Where would i start after the work flows?!

Tags: