Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sedo Auction Aid.co.uk Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will hit reserve personally and hopefully more. Good luck Jamie.

As I mentioned on Twitter earlier - not too long left on this one. Ends Thursday at 4PM.

good luck with it mate

Worth more than its sitting at Jamie - good luck

Hoping on a bidding war at the end, but if it doesn't reach the reserve I don't mind since I really like the domain :D

Thankfully I set a reserve on it, didn't expect it to go that low. Maybe domaining isn't for me.

Have been offered well over what it went before multiple times, but still disappointed.

I guess I'll just keep it.

I think the surprising thing with this auction is that a bidder right at the death just added a bid of £50 it's as if they bid just to see if the lower bidder had placed higher bids.

I spoke to the bidder at 1111 earlier and they said they would have spent more, but I guess the unknown reserve put them off.

Doesn't mean it won't sell for more here on acorn or domainlore though.

I think the surprising thing with this auction is that a bidder right at the death just added a bid of £50 it's as if they bid just to see if the lower bidder had placed higher bids.

I spoke to the bidder at 1111 earlier and they said they would have spent more, but I guess the unknown reserve put them off.

Doesn't mean it won't sell for more here on acorn or domainlore though.

I thought the same to be honest. Not sure if you're trying to imply that I was the bidder who made that last minute bid? Hopefully not because I'd never do something like that.

Any bidders can get in touch with me if they really want it. I suppose not having to pay 15% to Sedo could help too. People here on Acorn have offered me a good bit more than what it went for at Sedo.

I guess it shows what the UK domain market is like right now.

Karl - You're not the only one lol.

No not implying anything. Just thought it funny, must have been close to what people really wanted to pay. Edging up etc

And ouch 15%. Probably best to sell outside.

Jamie, the market is complicated and it's changed over the years. There have always been end user sales and good ones at that but a large part of this market has been driven internally. The thing is, over the last 3-4 years, many of the biggest investors have disappeared meaning the big money isn't filtering down through the different levels like it once did.

To my mind, sending a name to auction with a reserve is the worst decision you can ever make because if the domain fails to sell you are arguably setting the market value, it's certainly given domainers a benchmark and will scare a few away.

What you shouldn't do is get dragged along by the enthusiasm of people on here. They mean well but you can pretty much guarantee that the ones who tell you how great your name is have no intention of bidding for it.

My advice would be to decide if you are going to wait for an end user and if so, put the name to bed and never mention it again on here. If you actually prefer hard cash to the domain, go back to your best offer, hope they didn't see the auction and take your profit and make your money work for you.

Good luck whichever way you go.

Cheers Sean. Some solid advice in there.

That's what's quite annoying though. What it went for on Sedo is much less than what I've been offered, so I assume some people will take a look at that auction and think "Oh, it's only worth £x,xxx" when I've been offered more.

Maybe I should save up and develop something on it. Just don't have the money right now to spend thousands on getting a quality site developed.

If you've no passion for the subject ( charity? ) don't even consider developing it because you'll end up with the same name, worth the same money and you'll have spent for nothing.

I hope you don't mind me saying, you don't strike me as being overly wealthy and I think you're more likely to prosper financially by taking your profit out of this name and moving on to the next one and so on, keep rolling up.

You've got the right idea, you're buying quality and probably at the right price so you're doing it right. Like I say, in your financial situation you should always stay as liquid as you can.

DON'T take your profit and piss it up the wall at the student union though ;)

You're kind of right about the wealthy part. I make a decent amount of money online (for my age anyway) but compared to some others on here it's probably nothing.

However, I'm still not prepared to let a quality domain go for well below what it's worth.

I actually have a plan for a new site that I want to get developed which will more than likely be my new project. I don't think domaining is the best thing for me to be involved with.

That's what's quite annoying though. What it went for on Sedo is much less than what I've been offered, so I assume some people will take a look at that auction and think "Oh, it's only worth £x,xxx" when I've been offered more.

I don't know who offered the cash from here mate, but personally if I was the buyer and made a decent offer and someone on here had said thanks but no thanks I'll take it to auction, I wouldn't bid at auction. Not that it is wrong on your part, but for me as a buyer I'd just walk away.

Yours is different from my real pet hate, the one where you bid on sedo and someone takes to auction and they say the offer still stands as a bid in the auction.... one reason I don't bid on sedo anymore.

Unfortunately any potential buyer is now in the driving seat as they can quote a market value that it got at Sedo, assuming that you are going to look to sell.

I also think you made a mistake by not revealing the reserve to people that ask. From a buyers point of view it looks a little bit like arrogance (not having a go, just being honest about my feelings when people do it). I try and work the best I can with buyers and they may have their eyes on other purchases that they can give their attention to if your reserve is above them. It just saves everyone time. I maybe wrong but don't think their is any benefit to hiding the reserve.

Mate what I'd do now is build a site highlighting all the frauds and methods people use to hijack the "aid" industry. Aid a bloody gravy train for the sicko's, it's not about helping people. Bono's lot one year filtered 99% of donations for admin. Knowing them they may pay you to pee off. The whole industry is a scandal, fraud, buying weapons, bribes etc.

But that is what I would do to get it ranked.

I don't know who offered the cash from here mate, but personally if I was the buyer and made a decent offer and someone on here had said thanks but no thanks I'll take it to auction, I wouldn't bid at auction. Not that it is wrong on your part, but for me as a buyer I'd just walk away.

Yours is different from my real pet hate, the one where you bid on sedo and someone takes to auction and they say the offer still stands as a bid in the auction.... one reason I don't bid on sedo anymore.

Unfortunately any potential buyer is now in the driving seat as they can quote a market value that it got at Sedo, assuming that you are going to look to sell.

I also think you made a mistake by not revealing the reserve to people that ask. From a buyers point of view it looks a little bit like arrogance (not having a go, just being honest about my feelings when people do it). I try and work the best I can with buyers and they may have their eyes on other purchases that they can give their attention to if your reserve is above them. It just saves everyone time. I maybe wrong but don't think their is any benefit to hiding the reserve.

Mate what I'd do now is build a site highlighting all the frauds and methods people use to hijack the "aid" industry. Aid a bloody gravy train for the sicko's, it's not about helping people. Bono's lot one year filtered 99% of donations for admin. Knowing them they may pay you to pee off. The whole industry is a scandal, fraud, buying weapons, bribes etc.

But that is what I would do to get it ranked.

Maybe I have made some mistakes then. I always thought it was best to keep the reserve to yourself but I can see how it can come across as "I don't need your bid, but thanks".

That's actually a very interesting idea to develop it. It's something that has always annoyed me too. Not sure if it's like this in the UK, but in Ireland most banks have people outside it collecting money for "charity". I can't remember what % actually goes to the people that need it, but it's very low.

But then again, you'd probably need insider information to make it something special. As well as some ££££ to spend.

I think also that everyone is skirting around the fact that its not that good a name.

I would have taken any offer in four figures.

Least you are not alone mate, we all have at one point, I wouldn't worry too much anyway it's only my opinion, I could be wrong.

I've learned a good bit from this anyway.

This is strange. I turned on Ireland's most well known TV station and they are doing a documentary type how on how much fraud goes on in the charity sector. All of a sudden I'm tempted to develop this.

If anyone wants to set up a joint venture give me a shout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom