Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sedo Auction Aid.co.uk Auction

Discussion in 'Domain Name Auctions' started by Jamie101, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

I think the name could work well as a developed site like wwoof.org, or a service sharing site where a member might be looking for someone to do a specific job/task for them, and in return, you offer to do something for them, services/jobs/help offered and wanted sections etc.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  2. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

It would be interesting if all of a sudden absolutely nobody decided to join. I think for quite a few at the bottom end of it there possibly aren't many options in life other than joining the forces.

Aid.co.uk doesn't lend itself to anything immediately obvious with an easy online commercial value so, like you, it doesn't inspire me. Perhaps there are companies that might want it as their acronym (A.I.D.).

3. retired_member29

retired_member29 Retired Member

So is Jamie a talented web developer?. Wouldn't concentrating on forging a career in this be more fruitfull that wasting your time with domains for the time being, i mean im pretty sure a career in web development pays extremly well ?.

4. Jamie101 Ireland

Jamie101 Well-Known Member

I'm definitely not a talented web developer. Never do much coding for sites thanks to Wordpress.

Don't know what I am at the moment. I'm a bit of everything - content writer, SEO, affiliate etc. that is studying software development.

5. retired_member29

retired_member29 Retired Member

Fair enough well i bet there is good money in that as a career if you keep it up and work hard. And you never know in 5 years time your salery could buy you an aid.co.uk per month.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  6. wonder_lander United Kingdom

wonder_lander Well-Known Member

You need to be careful about what happens in the next 60 days after the auction ended as when you signed up for the auction you will have agreed to these terms with Sedo.

7. Jamie101 Ireland

I never agreed to anything actually, so this could get interesting (thanks for letting me know).

I got put in contact with a Sedo employee, asked to auction it and they basically said "we'll put it in the great domains auction if you want?". I agreed. Never ticked any checkbox or anything to agree to certain terms & conditions.

This isn't to say that I will sell it over the next 60 days, but I never once agreed to anything over email.

8. Retired_member41

Retired_member41 Retired Member

I'd sell it. The longer you wait the more any buyer will think you have rinsed every chance to use it lol

Is there a bin price yet?

9. Jamie101 Ireland

I know, but I honestly have no time to try sell it. Been spending every day coding and stuff. I actually really want to sell it now though, because how could Sedo stop me if I never agreed to anything?

Might have a BIN price :p

10. GreyWing

GreyWing Well-Known Member

They can't stop you mate but those conditions that Wonder_lander point our could mean they come after you for their commission on what you sell it for maybe?

11. Jamie101 Ireland

How though? As I said, they basically asked if I wanted to list it for auction. I said yes. I'd understand if they asked me to go to some page on their site to apply or something.

I wouldn't like to take on a big company, but surely they can't do anything.

12. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

Sedo wouldn't have a clue how much you sold it for, if you sold it to me privately, and if asked, I would say the sale was for £10, they can take their commission out of that :lol:

Alternatively, it could be a swap with no money changing hands, no commission to pay.

13. You agreed when you registered with Sedo.

http://www.sedo.com/us/about-us/policies/terms-of-use/ links to https://sedo.com/us/popups/dnm-auction-event-policy-llc/?height=500&width=900 where it is all covered.

Although that doesn't mention selling it yourself :), but the exclusivity bit covers it I think. I doubt they follow it up, must be a mammoth job. Hope you get a sale.

Should always read the T&C.

Anway Jamie I emailed you over a month ago for two pages of content, WHERE IS IT? ;). Drop me an email :).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2013
  14. Jamie101 Ireland

Funny, in college we were talking about how nobody bothers reading T&C's.

Anyway, I've emailed someone from Sedo and they've said that there's "no problem" with me selling it privately :)

About the content - literally have no time at the moment (only 3 weeks left of college!) unfortunately, sorry. By the way, for anyone reading this Aaron hasn't paid me for it lol.

15. He's lying I paid ages ago :) (Joking). No worries Jamie drop me an email when you get a chance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.