Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Andrew Bennett has confirmed that he will help us and will moderate the Election Debates

Helmuts

AcornDomains.co.uk
★★★★★
Reaction score
I am very happy to announce that none the other than Andrew Bennett (@Whois-Search) has confirmed that he will help us and will moderate the Nominet Non-Executive Director's debates (August 23rd, 6PM).

Short recap: we have 3 candidates (ref: https://www.nominet.uk/nominet-confirms-candidates-for-2023-non-executive-director-election/):
  • @Steve Wright - participation confirmed
  • Thomas Rickert
  • David Thornton
This is probably the only opportunity for candidates to talk to Nominet members in person. And 100% free and neutral.

A note about @JimDavies. I have removed Jim from the session as officially he isn't on the Nominet's official list. If restored > he will regain his seat immediately. No stress on him, especially as he is fighting for his place in these elections.
Nevertheless, Jim will be at the event for both days and also will have a session on his own. After all, he probably is the #1 domain solicitor in the UK (this is a personal impression I get talking to lots of different domainers on a daily basis).

What makes us very lucky about Andrew conducting these debates: he is a member of Nominet's .UK Registry Advisory Council (UKRAC) and, without a doubt, a person who knows Nominet as the organisation really well and for a long, long time.
Ref: https://www.nominet.uk/corporate-governance/uk-registry-advisory-council/

--

Me, myself, I will try to reach out to Thomas and David to make sure they feel safe and invited to the Summit and these debates.

Andrew, thank you one more time!! Awesome!

Best wishes all!
Helmuts

p.s. Thomas and David, if you read this > please reach out to me on +44 7494 142 055 (also on WhatsApp and Telegram).. or here.

I've known Andrew @Whois-Search for over 23yrs and couldn't think of a better person to moderate. Fingers crossed for @JimDavies being reinstated too, as he's been a personal friend and my lawyer for many moons too.

Sadly I'm on holiday during the Summit (Blame the kids 6wk summer holidays) but already looking forward to the next one o_O

Wishing @Helmuts and everyone attending the London Domain Summit great success! It's nice to see the community properly coming together again.

All the best,
Barry

I've known Andrew @Whois-Search for over 23yrs and couldn't think of a better person to moderate. Fingers crossed for @JimDavies being reinstated too, as he's been a personal friend and my lawyer for many moons too.

Sadly I'm on holiday during the Summit (Blame the kids 6wk summer holidays) but already looking forward to the next one o_O

Wishing @Helmuts and everyone attending the London Domain Summit great success! It's nice to see the community properly coming together again.

All the best,
Barry

Thank you Barry!! And, we all know that it is a possibility that you will create a 3 day window to meet with your industry friends this August ;)

I agree to you 1000 times about Jim!!

See you in August ;) Helmuts

Thank you Barry!! And, we all know that it is a possibility that you will create a 3 day window to meet with your industry friends this August ;)

You should be a sales person, Helmuts! Hehe!! If there is any way I can cut my holiday short by 3 day's *without getting a divorce and my girls disowning me, Lol* you'll be the first to know for sure :p

You should be a sales person, Helmuts! Hehe!! If there is any way I can cut my holiday short by 3 day's *without getting a divorce and my girls disowning me, Lol* you'll be the first to know for sure :p

;) just quick here and there ;) .. nobody will even notice you gone :) Spain is 2 hr flight away ;)

Just a note for anyone who has Nominet membership and not-yet-voted ...

If you have an hour to let it play in the background while you domain-away, the 2 candidates discussion is up at
and might help you decide who to vote for

Please do vote for your preferred candidate :)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom