Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Anyone shed some light on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Maybe I'm being thick, but just saw this listing on a site I use and it screams dodgy - can anyone see anything different:

Hello persons in Croydon, Sutton, Bromley and all areas in Greater London.

I run a online strategy and lead generation business and am looking for someone who wants to make £5 per postcard photo sent by receiving verification postcards from main search engines like Bing, Google etc to their residential address then sending on the number, as seen in the ad photo, to myself.

FULL DISCLOSURE
Why do I need this? Because I need a physical address to enter into Google and BING business page listing. Without boring you to tears we do this as part of our online strategy for local businesses.
What does this mean for you? It means that on Google Maps if someone searched for Croydon etc (business) then they may be able to see your address on the Maps as the business location. We do select your address to be hidden. NOTE - we do this for service based businesses only, not physical businesses, for example: roofers, air conditioning repair people, skip hire... We have done this easily over 50 other people/locations like yourself who are interested in earning an easy £10 and have never, EVER had anyone turn up at any address. Why would they? The service business has to turn up at the customers address.

I have used up all of my family and friends addresses and no one has ever had anything negative happen or anyone turn up. If it did then it would end up biting me and my business, so they'd be no point in me even asking in the first place.

Please only get in contact if you would like to proceed, as you can imagine something so simple and requiring next to zero effort for £5 per item of post, I get a lot of contact.

Dodgy as hell, Basically giving Google fake business addresses to gain local listings for businesses that might not even be in the UK or maybe targeting areas which they are not located, if it was legit then the business in question wouldnt have any problem with their own real address being used or indeed use a small amount of budget to retain some virtual office addresses in those areas.

Thats the exact type of marketer that needs to be lined up and shot.

Its not dodgy in terms of illegal or your bank account will be drained.

However, as Google likes to list local business in search results, its a tactic that some SEOs are using, to get these in more places. For example, search for '(nearest town) plumber'. Those that have a google listing as being a business in the area, with confirmed address, can be listed near the top, shown on a little map etc.

So if you're a plumber, who wants more work in Croydon, but you want an address to get the Google Local (or is it Google Maps listing, or Google Business??? I never know they change it so often) listing, that's what this guy is doing.

OK if you want a fiver for having your address listed as someones business adress. Just hope nothing ever goes wrong, and they never rip off the wrong person :)

Just hope nothing ever goes wrong, and they never rip off the wrong person :)

lol exactly.....or the business borrowing money from someone they shouldnt who then sends "the bailiffs" to come knocking on some poor blokes door wanting repayment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom