Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Best End User Sale Technique

Discussion in 'Selling Domain Names' started by Federer, Dec 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Federer Portugal

Federer Active Member

I have been selling .COM/.NET keyword domain names to end users for 8 years, but have recently switched to buying more brand-type .COM domain names that sell passively over time (ex. HealthMatch.com).
    This leaves me with more time to focus on other domain name investing projects, including selling keyword .CO.UK to British end users.
    I have sold quite a few the past 2-3 months or so and wanted to see which methods and templates are generating 1) the highest respose rate and 2) the most sales in terms of quantity.

I have enjoyed a reasonable measure of success with this template:

----

Hello,

We are reaching out to some hotels and leading holiday accommodation companies in Cornwall as the following self-descriptive domain is now available for purchase:

CornwallAccommodation.co.uk

We noticed you were ranking at Google under the domain’s keywords and wanted to let you know about this opportunity.

The domain is for sale for £500. The Nominet transfer fee is included.

Should the domain name be of interest, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards

----

I seek out leads via Google.com/Yahoo.com, by typing
    intitle:"Cornwall Accommodation"

To HOW MUCH? replies, I usually simply write back:

----

Thank you for your message.

The domain name CornwallAccommodation.co.uk is available for £350. We cover the transaction fees, as well as the Nominet transfer fee (£12).

Please let us know if interested.

Best Regards,

----

I know many here at the forum have enjoyed success in selling recently expired (and backordered) .co.uk domains to end users in the £150-£600 range, and sharing ideas hat work would no doubt encourage and sharpen our strategies and success rate a little further.

What are your thoughts on the 2 above templates? When replying to "How Much" replies from interested companies, is it really necessary to "educate" the buyer a little as to how the domain could benefit them? Most webmasters know more about SEO than domain investors.

Is Google/Yahoo really the best source of leads? What do you type in the search bar to trim down the quality, targeted leads?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. ian

ian Well-Known Member

It is important to strike a balance between clearly stating what you are offering, and how it benefits them, but equally not giving too much detail, otherwise they'll switch off, as ultimately it is unsolicited correspondence.

Most investors on here tend to just use holding pages and wait for the buyers to come to them; that way the chances of interest are higher and the time spent reduced. However, there are advantages in both methods.

You said you've been doing this for 8 years, but asked me for a template not long ago. I see you are still using the original one. I'd improve the grammar on "We noticed you were ranking at Google under the domain’s keywords and wanted to let you know about this opportunity."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.