20i Reseller Hosting

Bulk domain change of contact address

Discussion in 'Domain Tools' started by markb, Nov 16, 2017.

1. markb United Kingdom

markb Active Member

Hi, I have quite a lot of .co.uk domains registered with 1and1. Does anyone know how to update the registrant address on all domains? I can only find a way to change each domains details individually.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

Can you not login to Nominet and do it there?

Even as a non-member you have a control panel there.

4. keys United Kingdom

keys Well-Known Member Full Member

5. markb United Kingdom

markb Active Member

So, if I where to change my address on the domains via nominet, I wouldn’t need to update them via my registrar 1and1 ?

6. keys United Kingdom

keys Well-Known Member Full Member

You should update Nominet regardless. 1and1 records may follow automatically, easy enough to check now or after. Most important is a current admin email address for Nominet, otherwise you may miss renewal notices.

Fortunately, many Registrants ignore this advice otherwise there would be hardly any good domains for dropcatchers to chase.

7. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

He may need to login and merge the domain names into one Nominet registrant account in order to do it. Can anyone confirm whether making contact info changes at Nominet online services syncs the changes back to the registrar in question's control panel? I imagine it may be registrar dependent but could be useful to know,

8. markb United Kingdom

markb Active Member

I tested this by updating one of my domains registrant contact details with my registrar 1and1 on friday. My 1and1 control panel still says the details are updating and when I do a whois it is still set to my old address.

I've also updated another of my domains with the nominet online services, the whois updated straight away, but the address with 1and1 (my registrar) is still set to the old address.

There also doesn't seem to be an easy way to change my address on all my domains either via nominet or via my registrar. So it looks like I will have to phone my registrar to ask them if there is a way that they can update them all at once.