Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Buyer not honouring installments after transfer, any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can terminate the contract and ask to be put back in the position he was before the contract. He had a domain before the contract. He will be able to claim costs and damages in addition to the domain.

He can terminate the contract and ask to be put back in the position he was before the contract. He had a domain before the contract. He will be able to claim costs and damages in addition to the domain.

You are talking as if you have seen the sales contract. Have you? If not, you are wrong in assuming that all goods are treated the same when it comes to non-payment.

I haven't seen it. I was tempted to ask for a copy. I assume that the contract is not a complex one, and that it would allow him to fall back on 'what the law implies'.

Anyway, I would be very surprised if seller asked the buyer to agree to a contract that would potentially leave seller out of domain and cash in the event of buyer default.

.... and contracts do get thrown out of court.

I haven't seen it. I was tempted to ask for a copy. I assume that the contract is not a complex one, and that it would allow him to fall back on 'what the law implies'.

Anyway, I would be very surprised if seller asked the buyer to agree to a contract that would potentially leave seller out of domain and cash in the event of buyer default.

.... and contracts do get thrown out of court.

You are wrong.

The seller will just be one of a long line of people owed money if it all really goes to shit. He can't 'take back the domain' unless the original contract says its his until its paid for.

Looks like we're heading to court action here, LBA brought out more hollow promises which haven't been met. For those who have successfully gone the court route, did you use Thomas Higgins or the Money Claim gov service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom