Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Catch Tiger / DomainWinkel

Reaction score
Has anyone had any dealings with these?
I won an auction at Catchtiger for a .co.uk name this week.
Paid the invoice.
The email said I could manage the domain in DomainWinkel. Logged in and pointed the domain to my servers.
Just looked on Domainlore and I see the domain for sale
Check on Nominet and see registrar is neither of the above (before drop the registrar was Domainwinkel) but a UK company altho' still pointed to my nameservers. It is not in my Nominet account either.

Have emailed Catch Tiger support but wonder if anyone else has a similar experience with the companies.

I have okay experience with Catch Tiger (but not so much with DomeinWinkel). CatchTiger is bought by another party so the service could have changed.
Maybe they made a mistake thinking they catched it?

No, no mistake and they even accused me of giving password details to the account. Nominet confirmed to me and them that Catch Tiger and DomeinWinkel were not and never were the catchers of the name,
I, luckily, was able to buy the name from the person who did actually catch it.

They clearly made a fuck-up, they could have easily checked if before accusing someone.

No, no mistake and they even accused me of giving password details to the account. Nominet confirmed to me and them that Catch Tiger and DomeinWinkel were not and never were the catchers of the name,
I, luckily, was able to buy the name from the person who did actually catch it.
Did they refund your money?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom