Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

classiccarinsurance.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
wondering what money this site would fetch?

2nd on google.co.uk for its keyword 'classic car insurance' with a load of longtail too.

Gets about 235 daily average uniques.

The site is currently making mid £x,xxx per month.

What sort of price would this be valued at if i were to sell it?

I would go to DomainSherpa.com and listen to the Thomas Smale interview where he talks about flipping and selling sites.

Rgds

Uk Government’s plan to exempt all vehicles of historic interest (vehicles manufactured prior to 1 January 1960) in Great Britain (GB) from statutory MOT test could see a nice surge in interest might push it as a selling point... I’d try for multiples of earnings Price is tricky the extension doesn’t do it any favors and a lot of companies are about the brand try a tie ins with lots of classic car forums etc if you can get enough publicity on there sites the insurance companies will come a sniffing

Last edited:
post penguin etc nobody will buy a domain with earnings reliant on SEO now for very much at all if they have a brain. If its earning mid 4 figs a month then enjoy it, bank it but forget about selling for much more than about 6 months revenue imho.

I think it would do well, it ranks one page 1 or 2 or quite a lot of keywords for Google US as well as UK. Gives it a lot of flexibility for a buyer who might want to expand it internationally or re-purpose the name for a US market. Lots of potential there too from people trying to buy classic cars too looking at the rankings, so might be a nice extra for someone who has a complementary car site/business looking for an insurance sideline.

wondering what money this site would fetch?

2nd on google.co.uk for its keyword 'classic car insurance' with a load of longtail too.

Gets about 235 daily average uniques.

The site is currently making mid £x,xxx per month.

What sort of price would this be valued at if i were to sell it?

Sounds like a great return for the amount of traffic - just goes to show that if you have the right site on the right domain - even with 230 daily uniques you can make some decent money - nice one!!

thanks for all the comments guys, but still no value ideas on this? apart from 6 x monthly income.

Surely more like x 12 months, x 18 months, x 24 months? etc

As other have said keep it ? atm with g changes etc why risk more than a few months revenue on buying a site that could disappear the next g change? If you think you can find one go for 24 mts worth a performance provision of say of six, twelve, eighteen mths whatever price adjustment up or down might encourage them to be little more adventures

With that income I would price it up to £100K, but there obviously aren't many with that to spend. Though, I would mod the price down significantly if it is built on crappy links.

If you really wanted to sell it, I think you'd want to offload it to one of the major insurance sites. I know one of them paid 10k / m to be on page 1 for van insurance alone, and they can no longer compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom