Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

CloudComputingServices.co.uk

Discussion in 'Sold Domains' started by Federer, Jan 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Federer Portugal

Federer Active Member

Just sold for £500 after sending out some targeted emails earlier.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

co.uk £500

.uk again, not worth registering hmm

4. DaveP United Kingdom

DaveP Well-Known Member

Lol I'm sure I saw this actually available a couple of weeks back and thought 'meh'. (I scan many keyword combinations). Just goes to show, you have that magical touch!

5. TallBloke

TallBloke Active Member

Nice sale!

Personally had mixed success trying this approach. I do specify an asking price in my email, something you don't do I understand? I've sold domains for £400 from outbound emailing but had no takers on others for £90 (seemed dead certs to me!).

Care to share one of your email sales templates?

John

6. Federer Portugal

Federer Active Member

Here it is:

----

Hello,

We are contacting some companies concerning a domain we are selling:

CloudComputingServices.co.uk

Please let us know if you would be interested in acquiring this domain name that is now available.

Best Regards,

Luc Biggs
    Key Domains Unipessoal LDA
    2560-309 Torres Vedras
    +351 261 424 469

- If you would prefer not to be contacted about domain acquisition opportunities in the future, please respond with opt out or unsubscribe in the subject line.
    This is a one-time advertisement.
    Registration information: whois.domaintools.com/cloudcomputingservices.co.uk

----

7. ian

ian Well-Known Member

That wording in an email approach works? I'm surprised!

When you say sold, do you mean paid for and transferred, as quite often they remain in your name for a long time afterwards.

8. Federer Portugal

Federer Active Member

Companies love short, to-the-point messages - the read-rate is MUCH higher with 2-3 lines.
    When we post SOLD, we have either already received payment or been promised payment within 24 hours. Transfers are always a little later.

9. ian

ian Well-Known Member

It was more to do with the grammar tbh. ;)

I'd probably suggest posting sold once it is actually sold and transferred. Do the buyers agree to you disclosing the price?

10. Federer Portugal

Federer Active Member

As with all domain sales across all sales platforms > Unless the buyer asks for an NDA (on these £100-£500 sales), the majority of the sales are shared.

11. cm1975 United Kingdom

cm1975 Well-Known Member

What kind of responses do you get to the email and how do you agree on a price?

I find getting the interest of companies can be achievable, but it falls down on the price or on buying from an unknown person. For example, I've had 8 people interested in domain names in the last 3 weeks. Only 1 has completed!

12. DaveP United Kingdom

DaveP Well-Known Member

I've used the same email template for a long time and don't have near your success rate. I wonder if forming a limited company, and sending out professionally designed emails and have a really nice professional site will make the difference? I honestly never thought so because to me, if somebody really wants a domain, they will buy it off you irrespective of whether one has a fancy site or not, but maybe I've been wrong all this time?

13. Federer Portugal

Federer Active Member

Forming a business, having a nice professional site etc. will increase credibility - but these factors will not increase the probability of generating more sales.

As you rightly concluded, if the company likes the domain, they will buy it.

14. DaveP United Kingdom

DaveP Well-Known Member

Take for example, Absence Management. I have struggled to sell this (for even low £xxx), despite there being lots of advertisers paying on average £20 a click, 720 local exacts, and is the exact matching term describing a service that some companies charge others hundreds per employee for.

Perhaps I'm just wrong about this domain, but when I see some of your sales I do think why can't I sell a domain like this using similar email template to you. (It also gets traffic).

15. Mgx

Mgx Banned

I bow to Federer's supremecy, you won't here me say this often.

16. flinty United Kingdom

flinty Active Member

Hi,

Always been impressed with the sales you make.

Would you be so kind to share what you say in the follow up once you get

a) Just one response?
    b) More than one showing interest?

I am guessing your response may differ depending on the number of interested parties!?

Do you go back with "make me your best offer" or set the price in that 2nd email?

Thanks for sharing!

17. Federer Portugal

Federer Active Member

Same response to everyone - a response that shows little desperation, but ignites a little urgency:

------

Thank you for your message. The domain name DesignerDogCollars.co.uk (ex.) is for sale for £395.

Please let us know if interested, as we are contacting some other companies that are also ranking under domain's keywords.

Best Regards,
    Federer

------

18. flinty United Kingdom

flinty Active Member

Ok - thanks for sharing part 2 of your approach.

If I have received interest from more than one party after sending out emails, I have tended to see what they would offer rather than set a price - just in case they magically offered more than I would have said (never really happens so kidding myself). It was also to gauge the price levels they are at. However, I have not found much success doing it this way - I get the feeling they don't want to get into an auction and the 'urgency' to buy has gone and once I then have gone to someone at the end to say "ok" I accept I think they feel that no one else really wanted it anyway so they then back out. This way takes more time and effort too going back and forth with what the current offer is etc.

I do ok when I've been contacted direct and have sales ranging from £1,195 - £1,995 - just when I have done the contacting it hasn't gone as well as I would have hoped.

So in conclusion I think best to do as you do - keep it simple and once I received a reply of interest just set a price and first come first served.

Thanks for sharing!

19. wonder_lander United Kingdom

wonder_lander Well-Known Member

If you're happy with £395 for the domain why don't you lead with that in your initial pitch?

I would guess that people will be more engaged if they can see straight away the figure you're looking for.

20. Federer Portugal

Federer Active Member

It's a numbers/lead game.

By NOT including an asking price in the initial email, you reel in "how much" replies from potentially interested companies (ex. 4 or 5). After then setting the price tag, you always have 4-5 contacts to get back to later on (if the domain does not sell initially) with a price-reduction - I have sold MANY domains with this method.

By SETTING the asking price from the word go, there is a chance that the price is above/beyond the majority of the end buyer's budgets for that domain - and, as a result, very few replies boomerang back. With no/few replies, there is no ("could-have-been-interested-if-the-price-was-lower) companies to get back with a price-reduction that would ignite a sale.

21. wonder_lander United Kingdom

wonder_lander Well-Known Member

Cheers, makes sense!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.