Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

.co.uk auction on Sedo.com with no Reserve Price!!! Over 500 names on sale

Can you PM me your Sedo ID please?

Nope, can't be bothered.

Domainers don't have much goodwill reserved for Sedo these days, feels very impersonal, minimum fee is ludicrously high considering typical sale price for a .co.uk domain and your parking pages look like the belong firmly in the last century.

All of those domains are now pointing to undeveloped.com landers, and that's where they will stay.

Nope, can't be bothered.
Hey ausername,
I understand. Am really sorry once again for the inconvenience Sedo might have caused you. I have none the less pointed this issue out to the concerned department, and it will be looked into. I only hope you do give us another chance in the future for domain buying, selling or parking.

If you have any questions or issues, Please PM me.

Thankyou and wish you a nice day,

Best Regards,

Dhanush
Sedo.com

With the greatest of respect to you, Sedo representatives post on here, listen to our concerns, then do nothing about it, and never return. Happens time and time again. It seems to be the Sedo way, and why most won't touch Sedo for love nor money. How Sedo still manage to operate the largest domain marketplace I do not know, they are stuck in the past.

Still no confirmation on whether .uk's are included. Legally speaking they should be when existing 'right of registration' remains in place at the time of sale, but it wouldn't be the first time that an owner then registers the .uk, and separates it from the sale; and Sedo will respond with "the auction was for the .co.uk only". I cannot recall a time when Sedo have actually addressed this issue; they just don't care!

With the greatest of respect to you, Sedo representatives post on here, listen to our concerns, then do nothing about it, and never return. Happens time and time again. It seems to be the Sedo way, and why most won't touch Sedo for love nor money. How Sedo still manage to operate the largest domain marketplace I do not know, they are stuck in the past.

Still no confirmation on whether .uk's are included. Legally speaking they should be when existing 'right of registration' remains in place at the time of sale, but it wouldn't be the first time that an owner then registers the .uk, and separates it from the sale; and Sedo will respond with "the auction was for the .co.uk only". I cannot recall a time when Sedo have actually addressed this issue; they just don't care!
Thankyou for that feedback Ian. I just started at Sedo, and see Acorn Domains as very important for Sedo, I am really sorry that Sedo has given this impression to you, and would like to change this for the future. As for the .co.uk auction: The seller should normally put on his auction if the .uk is included or not. This has not been done by the seller. For now, the seller has been told to update his auction on Sedo to indicate (.uk included or not) until this time, it will be a .co.uk auction. Seller has been made aware of this information.

Thankyou for that feedback Ian. I just started at Sedo, and see Acorn Domains as very important for Sedo, I am really sorry that Sedo has given this impression to you, and would like to change this for the future. As for the .co.uk auction: The seller should normally put on his auction if the .uk is included or not. This has not been done by the seller. For now, the seller has been told to update his auction on Sedo to indicate (.uk included or not) until this time, it will be a .co.uk auction. Seller has been made aware of this information.

So now anyone who has bidded on a .co.uk domain in this auction with the assumption that the .uk is included won't receive the .uk?

So now anyone who has bidded on a .co.uk domain in this auction with the assumption that the .uk is included won't receive the .uk?
All the current bids that have come in for the .co.uk domains have the rights to reserve the .uk as well. Until the seller confirms the .uk (included or not) it will be taken as a .co.uk auction for the rest.

All the current bids that have come in for the .co.uk domains have the rights to reserve the .uk as well. Until the seller confirms the .uk (included or not) it will be taken as a .co.uk auction for the rest.

Hmm, bit of a disaster, it could've been professional, clear and upfront from the start of the auction. It seems so disorganised.

Hmm, bit of a disaster, it could've been professional, clear and upfront from the start of the auction. It seems so disorganised.
The initial thought of this auction by the Seller was to put up only his .co.uk domains up for sale. However, I have given over the thought that SEDO should ask Sellers to include a way to show (.uk included or not) option, which will make it much easier for potential buyers to see what they are buying the .uk also or not.

I left sedo after many years because I bought a co.uk domain where the uk wasn't registered but the co.uk had rights and immediately afterwards the guy registered the .uk and said it wasn't part of the deal. Is sedo now going to address this problem then? If so when can we expect to see it?

"Easier"

Please explain what would currently give a potential buyer any indication of the corresponding .uk even existing?

I left sedo after many years because I bought a co.uk domain where the uk wasn't registered but the co.uk had rights and immediately afterwards the guy registered the .uk and said it wasn't part of the deal. Is sedo now going to address this problem then? If so when can we expect to see it?
Hello RobM,

That is exactly what I have put forward. We ask the seller to show before any .co.uk offer on Sedo, option that shows if .uk is included or not. Then the Buyer is clear. This will ofcorse be only for the .co.uk offers on Sedo.

I will inform here on AcornDomains when we have this option up for Sedo.

Thankyou,

Dhanush

Yes, but I mean at present a .co.uk buyer unaware of the existence of .uk domains isn't guided by Sedo whatsoever.

If you implement a change it won't make it "easier" this is the wrong word to use, it would make it "possible" for the first time to know what is included with their purchase.
I see your point now, Agreed. This would make it "possible" to know if the .uk is included or not on the Sedo system from the respective Seller.

I can't understand why the seller hasn't updated each landing page to say whether rights to the .uk is included. It's very hard for potential bidders to go by your posts here on acorn to ascertain whether rights to the .uk is included. We'd have to have knowledge of the precise bidding situation at the time you made this post (above) to know where we stand. This is also very unclear for the many bidders on sedo, who may well think that rights to the .uk is included for all domains on the list, and who don't visit the acorndomains forum.

I can't understand why the seller hasn't updated each landing page to say whether rights to the .uk is included. It's very hard for potential bidders to go by your posts here on acorn to ascertain whether rights to the .uk is included. We'd have to have knowledge of the precise bidding situation at the time you made this post (above) to know where we stand. This is also very unclear for the many bidders on sedo, who may well think that rights to the .uk is included for all domains on the list, and who don't visit the acorndomains forum.
Hello Nigel,
All current bidders are presently notified of their purchases and situation. I am with you on the Seller not notifying (.uk included or not) beforehand. We will have to make it mandatory for Sellers to inform Buyers if the .uk is included in sale or not.

Hello Nigel,
All current bidders are presently notified of their purchases and situation. I am with you on the Seller not notifying (.uk included or not) beforehand. We will have to make it mandatory for Sellers to inform Buyers if the .uk is included in sale or not.

So it's only current bidders who definitely have the rights to .uk?

So it's only current bidders who definitely have the rights to .uk?
No, I meant that the current bidders are notified that the (.uk part included or not) will be confirmed from the seller. For all purposes, until this is confirmed, they are aware this is for a .co.uk domain auction primarily.

ok thanks for clarifying that. Has the seller conveyed to you his position on the .uk? i.e. whether the rights are included or not?

ok thanks for clarifying that. Has the seller conveyed to you his position on the .uk? i.e. whether the rights are included or not?
Not as yet Nigel, Will post here first news I get from seller. Until then I will keep annoying him to give me an update on this.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom